PDA

View Full Version : Which EP3?

nicholas R
25-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I appreciate all the feedback on my previous post about which R to go for.
I am definitely going to stick with the Honda as opposed to an evo as petrol prices only keep going up and my DC2R was amazing on petrol when i used to v-tec all the time!!
So ive decided on the EP3. I've had a look at the buyers guide.
so you don't need to fix the steering rack in the facelift models? I'm keen on getting a facelift model because i have found a couple out there with just under 30000 kms on them.
is there anything i will need to know about servicing or breaking it in? i believe the manuals will all be in japanese im guessing so i wont know what to change and when.
does anyone also have any opinion on what they would do in terms of which one to purchase?
there is an 03 model going for just over $17000 which seems like great value to me but has 90000 kms on it.
there are a lot of 02-03 models going for around the $18000 but have around 50000 kms give or take 10000 kms either way.
would i be better off spending the extra few thousand and getting one with lowest kms possible? or should i save some money and get one with high kms?
i do plan to keep the car for a long time and i do a lot of driving.
thanks everyone in advance.
:honda:

Oz_Striker
26-04-2012, 08:33 PM
I would personally target the ones with lower km's if you budget allows it just because i would prefer to buy a car with as newer motor as possible. Having said that you need to take careful consideration of who exactly you are buying the car off. Although you might find some with higher km's, they may have been looked after a lot better than the ones with lower km's. They are heaps of guides on here that outline the general stuff you need to look for when checking over a second hand car. Good luck mate :)

TGW92
28-04-2012, 11:50 PM
As said in ep3 buying guide the car was more than likely pushed very hard in Japan, therefore I would suggest that the lowest possible k's is best, provided your budget allows for it...

Good choice on ep3r I personally like them a lot :)

nicholas R
29-04-2012, 01:09 PM
thanks peeps. ive decided to go the expensive route and get a facelift ep3 with low kms.
those headlights just look so much better!