PDA

View Full Version : NSW Wrong number plate number on ticket

androo
26-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi all,

Here's an interesting one for you guys. Now, this is just out of fun and not to be taken too seriously. No need for anyone to bring out the 17 year old lawyer in them. No need for anyone to bring out their hero suit as well.

ANYWAY, I was pulled over for speeding one day (60 in 50 zone, yeah yeah anyone who wants to cry about it can go kiss some baby seals). I asked to see the radar and there it was, 60km/h. So as usual they gave me a ticket, told me to be more careful next time and we were on our way. A month later I received a reminder notice, however the vehicle registration number on the fine is incorrect (2 out of the 6 - first and last).

Since this happened, I have paid the fine and learned my lesson etc etc etc Ozhonda bum chums who claim to never exceed the speed limit at all can keep quiet. I don't believe you and don't really care *flame suit on*

I did not dispute the issue as I did not want the trouble (but feel free to make me feel bad about letting go of my money).

Anyway story over. What would you have done if you were in my shoes and why? Obviously all their other details were correct as they were able to send me the fine.

bennjamin
26-04-2012, 08:50 PM
you COULD of easily contested it. But it would cost much more than the fine to win. No point !

hitoriko
26-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I would have disputed it :)

As far as im concerned if the fine doesn't have my rego, they dont have a photo of me its not mine if they have made the mistake i would have taken it into the fines office and disputed it. simple as that.
This has happened to me in VIC before and i had my money and points returned. My rego was 2 letters different instead of a D they had a B and instead of a G they had a C.

I explained to them that this couldn't be my car and there must ahve been some mistake.

2 weeks later a cheque and a letter for VICRoads.

CrystalSkull
26-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I'd buy lighter shoes ;) I'd pay the fine and chalk it up as experience, not going to waste my time disputing something I was caught doing just because of a typo, and I would probably not share it either.

akira
01-05-2012, 04:43 PM
the fact that they pulled you over and got your licence details...its going to be hard to dispute

Harihsharma12
07-07-2012, 02:39 PM
But it would cost much more than the fine to win. No point. Here's an interesting one for you guys. Now, this is just out of fun and not to be taken too seriously. No need for anyone to bring out the 17 year old lawyer in them. No need for anyone to bring out their hero suit as well.

Timmy_B
07-07-2012, 10:11 PM
You could have called the OSR and said "received a fine in the mail that is not my registration for that vehicle".
It could be some sort of clerical error and they would amend the mistake, or that it is their error and you wont need to pay the fines.
Sometime the OSR are understanding in situations if you have a perfect driver history and if it's for a minor offense.