PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a Euro HID conversion for the fog lights?

as001
04-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Ello all,
Just wondering anyone who has made this mod to the fog lights as i have purchase this for my last car (current model liberty) which is being traded up now, so i now have a h7 conversion kit doing not much as euro im picking up very soon has them already standard... just wanted to confirm whether or not doing this mod would actually improve foggies lighting up the road better or not just create a dazzling looking to attract cops...

cheers

LOC888
04-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Didnt know u could do HID upgrade for fogs. Anyway I upgraded the H11 bulbs in the fog lights to the phillips crystal white, think thats theyre called, I wanted the PIAA ones but could not get them. The result is definately brighter fogs, which do light up the fogs better...I havent pissed off any cops yet...touch wood...

yfin
04-03-2005, 08:50 AM
In Victoria the cops are anal about fogs/driving lights used when the conditions are clear. Easy way to be fined.

as001
04-03-2005, 08:54 AM
check out this link
http://www.intuitionperformance.com.au/darkwatch/HID/
I love the PIAA globes but for their prices which around over $200 for a set of globes u can get a hid conversion kit for around $600 and they last a lot longer in comparison to halogens...
but you have answered my question in a nut shell...i looked at the foggie globes on the euro and assumed they were h7 fits but seeing they are h11 looks like i will have to look for a buyer for a brand new h7 hid conversion kit...

viperx
04-03-2005, 10:56 AM
hmm i always thought that having white lites for foggies defeats their purpose cuz white tends to reflect of fog more than yellow. in japan they sell yellow globes for fog 3900k i think, or maybe it was 3100k) still, its not like we have that much fog here so i guess it doenst really matter that much

PNR888
04-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Didnt know u could do HID upgrade for fogs. Anyway I upgraded the H11 bulbs in the fog lights to the phillips crystal white, think thats theyre called, I wanted the PIAA ones but could not get them. The result is definately brighter fogs, which do light up the fogs better...I havent pissed off any cops yet...touch wood...

How do you get access to change fog light's bulbs? Jack the car up and do it from under? need to remove many penals? :rolleyes:

LOC888
04-03-2005, 01:00 PM
The fog light housing had to be removed to get access to the fog lamps and the bulbs. The two side lights were accessed from the wheel arch.

as001
04-03-2005, 10:00 PM
The fog light housing had to be removed to get access to the fog lamps and the bulbs. The two side lights were accessed from the wheel arch.

i hope u dont mean the parkers? (side lights)

Pum[Z]
05-03-2005, 02:28 AM
Even park lights for the euro.. U have to access through the wheel arch...

U can't change the park lights from the engine bay.. Luckily u just have to fully turn ur wheels to access through the wheel arch...

VirIIx
05-03-2005, 02:06 PM
It's nice to know the euro is just difficult for mods :p

Thanks for the hint on h11 bulbs for the fogs, i've been trying to source that everywhere, and the fact the parkers are put in from the wheel archers, that's a good heads up - bit of an annoyance tho.

EuroAccord13
07-03-2005, 03:21 PM
-h2n- has got HID done to his headlights..

However, it should be noted that HIDs are illegal if you do not have the headlight washers... I for one... am wondering why you need the washers :P