PDA

View Full Version : Reseting spring height

YER801
28-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Hey guys

Im faced with the coilover vs strut choice

my question is if I get springs from the states can I get them adjusted to a desired height?

Ive bought custom king springs before and i just gave them my desired hub to guard measure

Thoughts? Cheers guys

trism
28-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Buy a ground control kit.

ChaosMaster
28-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Adjustable Coilovers means you can change height when you want, but the cost of getting them (at least decent ones) will set you back quite a bit, especially if you want some comfort compromise in it. The price you pay for basic ones means you can get some quality Struts, so depends on your budget.

Not sure about getting stuff from the US though.

trism
28-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Not sure about getting stuff from the US though.

Ive bought heaps from Overseas for my previous car.

Coilovers and camber kits were bought from america, this took about 1.5 months, because they got held up in Quarantine, and i had to pay a $250 tax because they didnt mark it as under 1k declared value.

My rims i got from Germany, took 3 weeks, no hold up, no tax.

ChaosMaster
28-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Lolz, yeah, I don't have anything against grabbing stuff from overseas. Just mean the quality from the US as compared to here.

trism
28-04-2012, 10:42 PM
still doesnt make any sense.

Itll be the same, or better.

BigBen
29-04-2012, 08:41 AM
If you buy springs, then it depends on the manufacturer how low they go. Most lowered springs tends to drop the car 1-1.5inches. You can get custom springs made up to your specification, such as if you have a 100kg sub woofer that you want to lug around.

You can't go too low with lowered springs and stock shocks as the standard shocks are really design to work with std springs. If you go too low, you might be sitting on the bump stops of the shock when going around corners.

With coilovers you can have different spring rates depending on the intended use, ie track or road use. Better spend the money once on coilovers design for your requirements.

YER801
29-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Exactly why I dont see the point in needing to buy coilovers for my lux car, maybe shortened shocks and custom king springs are the go.... Any brands to go for, the us seems to be easier on tge $$..
Im guessing aftermarket replacement normal shocks will fck out quick too?