PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] J's racing silencer

ergot
29-04-2012, 12:49 AM
hi guys,

after 4 months of waiting finally i got my j's racing titanium exhaust. Loving every bit of it, however the droning inside the cabin is one major issue id like to overcome, and ive heard about this silencer but not sure what its gonna be like. anyone ever use this? or have some tips on reducing the noise level inside the cabin? im also thinking of dynamating my car.

please advise

Ergot

MingZai
29-04-2012, 02:46 AM
I've got the silencer... I'll put it on and try it out and maybe try get a video of the difference.

When you buy the exhaust from J's Racing it should come with a silencer... It's a bit strange it didn't come with it... or was your exhaust second hand?

sodaz
29-04-2012, 02:59 AM
If you've just installed it, wait for around 2-3 weeks before you do anything.

The inside of the pipes will be coated with exhaust residue and muffle the sound a bit.

The usual fix for something like this is to install a resonator/mid muffler.

MingZai
29-04-2012, 03:21 AM
which is like impossible since this is made out of titanium haha

ergot
29-04-2012, 04:12 AM
I've got the silencer... I'll put it on and try it out and maybe try get a video of the difference.

When you buy the exhaust from J's Racing it should come with a silencer... It's a bit strange it didn't come with it... or was your exhaust second hand?

Bought it brand new from j's not sure if mine comes with it didnt check. I gave everything to the exhaust shop. Do u have droning or issues with it in your car mingzai? If youre not using it might take it off you xp .

Im pretty concern with my passengers lol the exhaust screams too loud if i floor it.

Oh and what if its titanium? I cant put resonator?

ergot
29-04-2012, 04:13 AM

The inside of the pipes will be coated with exhaust residue and muffle the sound a bit.

Im pretty sure this system already comes with a mid muffler and two resonator. Cmiiw

aaronng
29-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Which J's racing exhaust do you have? Single or dual outlet?

sodaz
29-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Bought it brand new from j's not sure if mine comes with it didnt check. I gave everything to the exhaust shop. Do u have droning or issues with it in your car mingzai? If youre not using it might take it off you xp .

Im pretty concern with my passengers lol the exhaust screams too loud if i floor it.

If it's titanium it will take special equipment to weld anything additional on. It's not as straight forward as stainless steel.

IMO, wait for a few weeks before you do anything. My custom exhaust was super loud at the start and it got quieter after a few weeks. Now it's acceptable in volume.

The silencer (plug) will reduce the exhaust volume but also the performance so it's not the best solution.

WATAJK
29-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Isn't the 60RS exhaust Stainless Steel (Street Wise) and generally the Titanium Exhaust for Race spec.. So they don't come with a silencer? Or does J's make a street exhaust outta titanium?
I know the 70RR Didn't come with one.

MingZai
29-04-2012, 01:54 PM

That is correct! But the sound isn't muffled too much I reckon... more like we get used to it hehehehe :)

I think maybe the exhaust shop might of misplaced it or you were never given one?
For me I don't think it's too loud because I used to have a Skunk 2 Exhaust even thought it was only on for less then a few hundred KM's.

I don't really have issues with it as once I'm on the freeway or something there is no noise anyway.

Maybe I'm too used to my friend's car :(

Like someone else said once it's titanium most exhaust shops won't be able to modify your exhaust.

My exhaust is a single exhaust btw.

Im pretty sure this system already comes with a mid muffler and two resonator. Cmiiw

Yeah it should!

If it's titanium it will take special equipment to weld anything additional on. It's not as straight forward as stainless steel.

IMO, wait for a few weeks before you do anything. My custom exhaust was super loud at the start and it got quieter after a few weeks. Now it's acceptable in volume.

The silencer (plug) will reduce the exhaust volume but also the performance so it's not the best solution.

^

Isn't the 60RS exhaust Stainless Steel (Street Wise) and generally the Titanium Exhaust for Race spec.. So they don't come with a silencer? Or does J's make a street exhaust outta titanium?
I know the 70RR Didn't come with one.

The FX-PRO 70RR is certainly race spec because it's a straight through pipe from the Header all the way to the exhaust where as my FX60RS can connect to my HFC.

Theres two types... FX-PRO vs FX.

Titanium Single Exhaust
FX-PRO : STRAIGHT PIPE with NO MID Muffler
FX : 1 Resonator with Mid Muffler

REGARDLESS I think you can still purchase a silencer if it didn't come with one.

ergot
29-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Which J's racing exhaust do you have? Single or dual outlet?

I have the two outlet one.

Apologies everyone mine is the j'd racing c304 stainless steel 60rs i wish i have titanium its too pricey but! Ok ill wait 2-3 weeks. But if the sounds still noisy i have to get that silencer. Can it fit the stainless steel? Cause it says titanium only

sodaz
30-04-2012, 07:05 PM
I have the two outlet one.

Apologies everyone mine is the j'd racing c304 stainless steel 60rs i wish i have titanium its too pricey but! Ok ill wait 2-3 weeks. But if the sounds still noisy i have to get that silencer. Can it fit the stainless steel? Cause it says titanium only

As long as the outlet is the same the silencer should fit both kinds. If it's stainless steel you can easily weld another resonator on it if it's still too noisy after a few weeks.

aquascutum
15-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Hi there. I know this post is old, but here's my experience:

I got a Titan 60RS single.

Originally fitted it to stock cat + header. Found that the drone was killing me when I cruise at 2-3000rpm. Also when I hit VTEC, the drone converted to a softer high-pitched GROAN, which was not pleasant.

Then I lined my back compartment with soundproof material, and stuffed the space around the spare tyre with soundproof cotton. The drone was better a bit.

Then I threw away the stock header + cat, and changed to Toda header and test pipe
And guess what!!!

The drone is 70% gone, and when I hit VTEC, WOW!!! There comes the classic J's scream.

This solves the answer to the question: why the painful drone? -> the stock header and cat is giving you the unwanted resonance.

So the solution for you (if you're still using J's) is to put some sound proof lining for the back, and change to an aftermarket header + stright pipe.

dannyy94
28-10-2013, 05:45 PM
just bought myself a 2nd hand j's racing exhaust muffler it didnt come with silencer. keen on looking for one to buy. if anyone selling any please pm me.