PDA

View Full Version : Euro Interior touch up

Nathn
30-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Hey guys,

Got a few bits and pieces that I want to renew/touch up inside.

The Silver paint -

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/Nathn/IMG_0992.jpg

Top layer of the handbrake button -

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/Nathn/IMG_0991.jpg

Agian, Silver paint -

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/Nathn/IMG_0990.jpg

Any suggestions of products or general advise would be good.

Cheers.

EuroGraphite
30-04-2012, 08:20 PM
For the gearknob, i would just get a new one. Otherwise, u could remove, sandblast it and then apply plastic primer, paint it (then clear coat).
I am doubtful if the new paint job would last in such a highly used item.

For the cruise control plastic surround, you will need to remove the part so you can do the same as suggested for the gearknob. You will need to remove the whole steering wheel first. I wouldnt recommend sanding it and painting it while its still on your steering wheel... I imagine the replacement part would be quite pricey if the CU2 woodgrain unit is anything to go by...

Out of curiousity, do you (or other drivers) wear rings? Or is the car out in the sun regularly?

ChaosMaster
30-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I would recommend grabbing a replacement. If you do repaint, you must sand and use a primer or it won't stick. Repainting the steeringwheel controls might be a hassle. I wouldn't recommend repainting the gear knob though, you'll wear off the paint really quick anyway considering how much you use it. I'ld consider grabbing a new one (the one from the face lifted CL9 has a clear plastic cover over the paint so you don't have to worry about wearing it out). Changing its easy, just unscrew then head off, and the leather cover is just held on by 4 clips. That or you could grab a metal ball type gear knob, like found in Type R's. Law states that you need to have the correct H pattern on it, if you going down the custom aftermarket route.

opilot87
01-05-2012, 02:04 AM
I had the exact same problems as problem 1 and 3 when I got my car. I replaced the gear knob with a nice type R aluminum one, looks and feels much nicer and allows you to shorten the gear lever height and throw at the same time.

As for the steering wheel controls, I haven't done anything to mine yet. I think the only solution is to replace it, i was thinking perhaps the wreckers for cheap parts, however may likely already be worn or will shortly deteriorate.

Haven't asked how much new parts are from a dealer yet, let me know if you find out! Might even be able to do the later year model upgrade to illuminated steering wheel controls while I'm at it? Not sure how interchangeable the parts are.

Ollie

BiLL|z0r
01-05-2012, 07:55 PM
How old is the Euro. Mine still looks like new.

Nathn
04-05-2012, 12:50 PM
2004, 135k's. Some of the damage might have come from bordem and just made it worse and worse over time.. :/ except for the gear knob, that's just general wear.

I did go to honda to get prices and from memory the gear knob was 235, steering controls were 300 added up and the hand brake button cannot be replaced on its own, the whole lever needs to be done and that was around 150.

Nathn
05-05-2012, 10:33 AM
I might look into vinal wrapping sort of speak.. same way carbon wrapping happens but I'll see if they do a silver sticker layer. Might need to speak to a sign writing place