PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions - 96 ITR brake upgrade

impossi13le
30-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Hey guys, im just looking for opinions from personal experience or w/e,

I've got an ek1 running ek4/dcvtir brakes front and rear, just wondering if it would be worth the money to swap to JDMITR 96 brakes all round?

AFAIK the jdm 96 discs are 262mm at the front (correct me if im wrong), which is the same as the ek/dcvtir setup i've got

So would i be spending money on actual braking performance gains or just a stud pattern change?

Any help much appreciated :)

thanks!
-Josh

90LAN
30-04-2012, 09:12 PM
stud pattern change
different wheel options

mugen_ctr
30-04-2012, 09:28 PM
No need to change any stud pattern, if its just brakes all u need is to upgrade ur Booster to 15/16 or go 1 inch, and change ur calipers to ITR, as they run same size rotor as u pointed out, but slighty larger caliper piston compared to standard ek4/dc2

If u wanted to go one step furthur go 282mm 97 - 00 ITR brake setup, but must use 1" booster + master cylinder, 3mm spacer or shave 3mm off the caliper bracket....

IMO, no need to go bigger, get some good pads and rotors and ur set, its not like ur running double power on ur car, an tracking it hardcore, performance gains are little, get pads an rotors, they will make the most benefical upgrade compared to changing the whole setup, and proven!

mocchi
01-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Hey guys, im just looking for opinions from personal experience or w/e,

I've got an ek1 running ek4/dcvtir brakes front and rear, just wondering if it would be worth the money to swap to JDMITR 96 brakes all round?

AFAIK the jdm 96 discs are 262mm at the front (correct me if im wrong), which is the same as the ek/dcvtir setup i've got

So would i be spending money on actual braking performance gains or just a stud pattern change?

Any help much appreciated :)

thanks!
-Josh

no braking performance gain

there are more cheap wheel selection in 4x114.3 in yahoo auctions though

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar34305_1.gif

void-
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
no need to get the jdm spec brakes... as lan said all your paying for is the stud pattern BUT mocchi does raise a valid point where there is more choices for wheels in that stud pattern.

you can get the slip on's that change your stud pattern while still using your original but thats not safe imo..

good luck

simmy
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
nowadays you could get hub adaptors to put on 4x114.3 without spending so much, but then again its spacers, so i wouldnt recommend it,

best of to go 5 stud, if youre after more wheels/brake gains

impossi13le
02-05-2012, 05:26 PM
yeah thanks for the input guys, think i might get the 5x114 setup when i come up with some money, chasing more braking performance since ive got itr motor in my car. thanks all :D