PDA

View Full Version : From Toyota to Honda !

Steve D
01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
hey guys,

been a member for a while now, just recently came to my sences and thought i'd introduce myself !
Well im a first year apprentice....at honda, great place to work and good cars to work with :)

i just recently sold my trusty 03 toyota corolla levin and bought myself this...

an 07 accord euro in manual, within a few weeks i got around to installing an injen CAI and Buddyclub N+ coilovers, and am currently on the hunt for some 18x8.5 work emotion cr kai !

anyways, look forward to meeting you all on the forum !

simmy
01-05-2012, 09:58 PM
looks clean and good mods mun

welcome abourd !

where are you from

Steve D
02-05-2012, 08:26 PM
thanks mate !

im from sydney, in the fairfield area

Tai
02-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Are you Viet and were flip flops when you drive?

Steve D
02-05-2012, 08:36 PM
nah mate I'm of an Italian background :)

sensei_
02-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Are you Viet and were flip flops when you drive?

only viets do that? :p

Bulbasaur
02-05-2012, 09:43 PM
welcome abourd mate

ericl33
02-05-2012, 10:04 PM
welcome abourd, how do the two compare, drivability wise?

Steve D
02-05-2012, 10:46 PM
thanks guys !
well the corolla was a great car, however it was just so plain, even with lowered spring, whiteline strut brace, rear swaybar and TRD rear strut brace, it was flat around corners and very agile, but when it came to engine performance it lacked torque and that extra 1500 rpm or so :P but then again...it's just a corolla ! first thing i noticed when driving the euro was the throttle response, it's much different to the ''drive by wire'' manual throttle cable that the corolla had, you put your foot down in the euro and you just dont get that punch..but from what i'v read there are ways of fixing this, other then that...the euro has good power especially in the high rpm range like any vtec engine, it's decent on fuel and slowly slowly the handling is improving with mods !

DreadAngel
02-05-2012, 11:54 PM
K24A will completely munch the 1ZZ-FE in every department =P

Welcome to the Honda ;)

ericl33
03-05-2012, 12:05 AM
thanks guys !
well the corolla was a great car, however it was just so plain, even with lowered spring, whiteline strut brace, rear swaybar and TRD rear strut brace, it was flat around corners and very agile, but when it came to engine performance it lacked torque and that extra 1500 rpm or so :P but then again...it's just a corolla ! first thing i noticed when driving the euro was the throttle response, it's much different to the ''drive by wire'' manual throttle cable that the corolla had, you put your foot down in the euro and you just dont get that punch..but from what i'v read there are ways of fixing this, other then that...the euro has good power especially in the high rpm range like any vtec engine, it's decent on fuel and slowly slowly the handling is improving with mods !
thanks for the wrap up.

Tai
03-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Good info here laydees

curtis265
03-05-2012, 11:12 AM
only viets do that? :p

lmzo i do that

curtis265
03-05-2012, 11:12 AM
thanks guys !

shadow e-throttle

Steve D
03-05-2012, 08:07 PM
K24A will completely munch the 1ZZ-FE in every department =P

Damn straight! ;)

shadow e-throttle

That is one of the fixes i was reading about... and i have considered it

ExpressCoffee
04-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Clean ride man! I hope to get an accord as my next car! :)

Steve D
04-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks man ! as i said they are a great car, i'm sure you wont be dissapointed if you do buy one !

3K9
05-05-2012, 12:14 AM
I also know a guy called Steve who works for Honda (Atarmon) as a mechanic!

ExpressCoffee
05-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Thanks man ! as i said they are a great car, i'm sure you wont be dissapointed if you do buy one !

Haha I'm sure I won't
I'm happy with my teg at the money but got a little bank account dedicated to the accord :p

Steve D
06-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I also know a guy called Steve who works for Honda (Atarmon) as a mechanic!

the name is too popular -.- haha

anyway guys this is how she sits now, found some cr kai's !

sorry about the poor iPhone quality picture !