PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Seats

Euro2005
04-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Honda service advice staff told me that you can not put any seatcovers on their Euro seats. If you do they may explode out the back of the seat if your lucky , if your not , they can explode out the front of the seat.

Thorn2004
04-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't put any on anyhow as I already have cloth seats, although I always wondered what would happen to the side airbags if you did put some on though ! :!:

Speeder
04-03-2005, 04:57 PM
What do you mean they could explode? Doesn't seatcovers affect your SRS airbags??

PNR888
04-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Euro 's side airbags are mounted on side of front seats rather than inside door penal, therefore any thing on their way (including seat covers) will definitely interfere with the inflation of airbags.
Unless Honda makes genuine honda Euro seat cover which is compatible with airbags. Like those factory fit bull bar for 4WD which still can activate airbags on frontal impact.

|N|
04-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Honda service advice staff told me that you can not put any seatcovers on their Euro seats. If you do they may explode out the back of the seat if your lucky , if your not , they can explode out the front of the seat.

explode when the air bag is activated or wat ever u call it... but not explode any sec rite?

PNR888
04-03-2005, 08:48 PM
explode when the air bag is activated or wat ever u call it... but not explode any sec rite?

If my side airbags could explode any sec, I better put a set of seat cover on to protect myself. and I probably need heavy duty / bullet proof ones. :D
Just kidding

ECU-MAN
04-03-2005, 09:43 PM
only deploy in the event of an accident

MoonSha
05-03-2005, 03:01 AM
Wouldn't the sar bags just rip right through the seat covers? But anyway, asif you need seat covers :P I have seat covers to hide a nice tear in the driver side seat. On topic... I think alot of seat covers have the stitching on the side where the airbag is right? So I guess it's a weak spot anyway.

ECU-MAN
05-03-2005, 11:31 PM
are you brave enough to sit in a seat with an air bag and a seat cover. I know Im not.