PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank - How much Fuel?

Neilz
02-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Hey all,

a bit of dilemma atm... im about 20km from nearest servo atm and petrol shows 0km to servo on dash... how much reserve/emergency fuel is left in the tank when it hits this?

i have BP ultimate filled atm..

thanks!@

Fredoops
02-05-2012, 12:58 PM
How log had the fuel lights been on,

And are u in the country or urbanish area....

Lots of variables there.

azn_k3nt
02-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Lots of variables there.

Agree. How long has it been sitting on 0km?

Neilz
02-05-2012, 02:20 PM

Lots of variables there.

i entered the country dirt driveway thinking be couple of km's but ended being 10km dirt driveway :\ it hit 0km just around half way so 5km within the house...

ChaosMaster
02-05-2012, 02:21 PM
I would just buy a jerry can, borrow another car/taxi to the fuel station, fill that up and come back. That way, you'ld at least have 5ltrs in your tank and be safe. From memory, the fuel light goes on when there's about 10ltrs left, including the reserve, I'ld say the reserve would have about 5ltrs in it but how much of that is left is dependent on you (i.e. how long you've been driving with it on 0)

Neilz
02-05-2012, 02:24 PM
the reserve fuel should be at-least 50km worth so if i keep it under 2000rpm revs and keep speed at steady 60km i should be ok to get to nearest servo thats 20km away that has ULP95.

Neilz
02-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I would just buy a jerry can, borrow another car/taxi to the fuel station, fill that up and come back. That way, you'ld at least have 5ltrs in your tank and be safe. From memory, the fuel light goes on when there's about 10ltrs left, including the reserve, I'ld say the reserve would have about 5ltrs in it but how much of that is left is dependent on you (i.e. how long you've been driving with it on 0)

thanks for the info mate! in this event ill just grab a jerry can and fill...dont wanna risk it in the country...

Fredoops
02-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I keep a bottle of octane booster in the car just in case things like this happen. So I could use regular and boost it up