PDA

View Full Version : best shock+spring combo?

McDognalds
03-05-2012, 03:10 PM
firstly, i apologise if theres a similar thread out there, tried searching but nothing that hit the spot for me.

anyway,

as title mentions, whats the best shock and spring combo for daily driving whilst giving me a 2inch drop? im looking for something thats damper adjustable so i can ride similar to OEM. people might suggest why not get coil overs, but i honestly wont be slamming my car nor adjusting height every so often as i wont be running crazy offset wheels or interchanging sets of rims, just sticking to +32 offset rims. No tracking either.

ill probly be looking for 2nd hand set as im on a budget! but to sum it up, im basically looking for ride comfort for DD, a one time drop of 2".

thanks in advance.

curtis265
03-05-2012, 03:28 PM
koni yellow shocks, pm senna

u can drop the ride height on the shocks too

most lowered springs will "work well" with them

McDognalds
03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
yeah pm'd senna but he doesnt have any 2nd hand in stock. im too povo for new ones lol! what springs go well with them? been hearing eibach pro kits. how do kmacs go? and hows the ride though.. rough or nah? cos im running on some aftermarket coil sleeves with stock shocks which are terrible lol.. so bumpy.. thats why im planning to ditch them all togther and get shocks/springs. or is there another solution? lol

curtis265
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
lul senna wouldn't stock second hand ones... who would? Look around on this forum perhaps, they do pop up occasionally

yeh the eibachs sound good, just make sure u choose a good springrate and it shoudl be comfy enough.

Or use stock springs

senna
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
As mentioned in the PM bud, you should be able to re-use the sleeves that you have on the stock shocks. The car is driving like crap now because of the standard shocks, not because of the springs.

H22JET
03-05-2012, 10:12 PM
is pedders shocks for $800 good price for my prelude

senna
03-05-2012, 10:39 PM

Supply only? No, definitely not

DreadAngel
03-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Why would you bother paying $800 for Pedder when you can get Koni or Bilsteins for a little more =|

curtis265
03-05-2012, 11:17 PM

hell no