PDA

View Full Version : NSW Engineering certifs & Blueslips

YLD-H22
03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
This has probably been discussed many times, I'm gona call the rta in the norman but until then..

Found a civic eg vtir with a b18cr in it and was so close to buying it then when I asked the owner of the engine is registered to the car he said no. He 'lost' his receipts.

As much I liked the car, I probably have to let it pass because of the hassles unless it's actually easier than I think to get it registered?

What's required to change he engine number of the vehicle? I know it's something to do with a 202cc gain and 50% power gain..

duzy
03-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Maximum of 15% increase for engine capacity. (B18c=1797cc)

You mean eg vti? If yes then only thing you need is proof of purchase for engine, then blueslip and off to rta.

YLD-H22
03-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Sorry yea vti. Oh I get it ! I thought 15% was power-wise. Thanks!
So basically if the guy has the receipt for the engine (proof that it's not stolen?) I'm sweet? Or is the blueslip a pain?
Also, with the receipt and blueslip can the rta reject it?

gen2 CRX
04-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Eg with b18cr is legal here in nsw. In your situation all you have to do is call up and get a rev check on the car. Quote the b18cr engine number with the eg chassis number. They will tell you the engine number does not match, you then ask them if i buy the car will i be able to register it with the engine..is it recorded as stolen? They will tell you if its ok. You then take the car to a blue slip mechanic and ask for a adjustment of records as you fitted a new engine, the mechanic will provide you with a paper you bring to the rta. You need to bring the paper to the rta with a receipt for the new engine. You can easily make a fake receipt. You then bring the paper from mechanic plus the fake receipt to rta and they will adjust there records to your new engine number.

YLD-H22
04-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Eg with b18cr is legal here in nsw. In your situation all you have to do is call up and get a rev check on the car. Quote the b18cr engine number with the eg chassis number. They will tell you the engine number does not match, you then ask them if i buy the car will i be able to register it with the engine..is it recorded as stolen? They will tell you if its ok. You then take the car to a blue slip mechanic and ask for a adjustment of records as you fitted a new engine, the mechanic will provide you with a paper you bring to the rta. You need to bring the paper to the rta with a receipt for the new engine. You can easily make a fake receipt. You then bring the paper from mechanic plus the fake receipt to rta and they will adjust there records to your new engine number.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks heaps!

ericl33
04-05-2012, 03:19 AM
I had high hopes for your prelude.

Should have known as soon as you went for ridiculous xenon lights & blue parkers.,

good luck.

YLD-H22
04-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Was the cleanest prelude. Engines gone to a better owner now...
Gona get HID's in my next car just cos you hate it yo. Aha kidding. But the parkers were a real screw up I'l admit that..

Dont think im getting the civic b18 because the guy seems dodgey! Getting a 2JZ instead hopefully

ericl33
04-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Was the cleanest prelude. Engines gone to a better owner now...
Gona get HID's in my next car just cos you hate it yo. Aha kidding. But the parkers were a real screw up I'l admit that..

Dont think im getting the civic b18 because the guy seems dodgey! Getting a 2JZ instead hopefully
aww yeahh....

fkn wynnyng with that 2jz.....

http://www.fistpumpsfromlastnight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2921560757_06406e5bf9-450x361.jpg

TbM
06-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Getting a 2JZ instead hopefully

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/tbmindustrys2/BRUCE-LEE-APPROVES-GIF.gif

YLD-H22
06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
2jz purchased :) cheering, never thought I would afford one..!

TbM
06-05-2012, 03:25 PM
2jz purchased :) cheering, never thought I would afford one..!

Wat car is it goin in?

YLD-H22
06-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Sorry by 2j I mean a whole supra.

Got sideswiped on day 1 after parking it near a driveway... Bastard didn't give me his details or anything !!!

TbM
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Sorry by 2j I mean a whole supra.

Got sideswiped on day 1 after parking it near a driveway... Bastard didn't give me his details or anything !!!
Nice, i like supras, you get a 6 speed tt or go for non turbo?

YLD-H22
06-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Just a na 5spd for now, got some tasteful mods though and psycho handling

TbM
06-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Just a na 5spd for now, got some tasteful mods though and psycho handling

nice one, there a nice car to drive, my mate has one i get to drive round occasionaly cause i do the servicing and mods for him.

Did an led dash conversion for him, makes the dash look alot better imo, not to hard to do if your handy with a soldering iron.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/tbmindustrys2/Croac%20supra/IMAG1224.jpg

Heres a good forum for info if you need it
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/

YLD-H22
07-05-2012, 02:02 AM
That looks neat as. Why solder , isn't it just replacing bulbs?

TbM
07-05-2012, 02:24 AM
That looks neat as. Why solder , isn't it just replacing bulbs?

cluster is just replacing bulbs, Hvac unit requires soldering, for example that temp gauge is actually 4 leds, one blue one white and one red fading into each other then a blocked off white to light up the "TEMP" letters. there is some diy's on the supra forum on how to do the dash and hvac conversion, if you would like to know how to do the faded temp gauge let me know and ill pm some pics on how i did it as i dont think they have that in a diy, the faded temp gauge isnt easy but the rest of the conversion is.

GSi_PSi
14-05-2012, 10:07 AM
nice one, there a nice car to drive, my mate has one i get to drive round occasionaly cause i do the servicing and mods for him.

Did an led dash conversion for him, makes the dash look alot better imo, not to hard to do if your handy with a soldering iron.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/tbmindustrys2/Croac%20supra/IMAG1224.jpg

Heres a good forum for info if you need it
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/

fuark adam , if only u were in sydney i would love this led conversion on my peanut rex... the green looks so ghey
wanna make it amber like dem sti

YLD-H22
14-05-2012, 09:16 PM
TbM inbox me a link with instructions if you can find one? Gotta open up the dash either way cos some bulbs behind the ac buttons aren't working

TbM
14-05-2012, 11:53 PM
TbM inbox me a link with instructions if you can find one? Gotta open up the dash either way cos some bulbs behind the ac buttons aren't working

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/aesthetics/33283-diy-mkiv-late-model-led-dash-conversion-idiots-guide.html

YLD-H22
15-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks !

JDM.Power
16-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Update on the Blueslip, Example if you have an EG5 and did a engine conversion to b16a or b18c, go to a auvis inspector get them to change the engine number on the spot cost $26. it AUTOMATICALLY changes on the RTA system as well. No need to go RTA with paper from inspector and receipt. wasted my time going to the rta today. Lady behind the desk says it automatically updates when the inspectors does the change. Some inspectors still think you have to go RTA with a receipt to get it updated.

XB-16-AX
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Update on the Blueslip, Example if you have an EG5 and did a engine conversion to b16a or b18c, go to a auvis inspector get them to change the engine number on the spot cost $26. it AUTOMATICALLY changes on the RTA system as well. No need to go RTA with paper from inspector and receipt. wasted my time going to the rta today. Lady behind the desk says it automatically updates when the inspectors does the change. Some inspectors still think you have to go RTA with a receipt to get it updated.

this would only work if the AUVIS workshop has internet connection and is registered with the RTA to do online Pink and Blue slip updates??

trism
08-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Pretty sure its all done online these days.