Fredoops
04-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Which dumbass brought a Legend

ryaan
04-05-2012, 01:04 AM
i admit, legends are sexy though. but wouldnt pay 70k for one ... lol

buddah51au
04-05-2012, 06:49 AM
I think it's more to do with the economy tan anything else. I have noticed my old CU2 I traded still hasn't sold after 6 months & i seriously doubt you would find a better 2nd hand CU2 on the market.

Fredoops
04-05-2012, 08:06 AM
i admit, legends are sexy though. but wouldnt pay 70k for one ... lol

It's not $70k
It's $85k plus...

Not to mention when the auto tranny fails because it hasn't got the required fluid.
... The six speed auto in the legend aren't suppose to use ATF-z1, it uses ATF-dw1... Which Honda Australia don't have....

ChaosMaster
04-05-2012, 08:24 AM
I was surprised that only 33 CRZ were sold. Then again, how many are we allocated?

Fredoops
04-05-2012, 08:35 AM
I was surprised that only 33 CRZ were sold. Then again, how many are we allocated?

I drove one just to fine out what the fuss was about.

1st reaction...

"how the f**k did this thing get Wheels Car of the Year"

antony
04-05-2012, 09:53 PM
April sales have just been released,with approximatly 2500 sales.

Civic and Jazz combined sold 1900 units,Euro sold 458 units,and all other models sold about 100 units.

Accord,and City are about to be released onto the market after production was halted in Thaoland,and Hondas pricing on both these models are going to be very aggressive,to try and make up for some of the lost sales.

ChaosMaster
04-05-2012, 10:06 PM
I drove one just to fine out what the fuss was about.

1st reaction...

"how the f**k did this thing get Wheels Car of the Year"

I'm not sure either. Although I do like the drive train. Electric motor means it pulls way down low, something that makes me sad face in my Euro. I mean it's not fast or anything, the torque is just there w/e you need it, better than a diesel. Not worth the money though imo. Especially since you can get a Prius for that kinda money (it's more car, if less interesting). I just kinda thought that the greenies would be jumping on them or something like with the Prius. Funny how Honda's going on about being aggressive this year with pricing and pushing the Civic's price down (not sure if sales are up or not, I reckon the current Civics aren't the prettiest thing around the block) yet the CRZ and Legend are still such rip offs.

Fredoops
04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure either. Although I do like the drive train. Electric motor means it pulls way down low, something that makes me sad face in my Euro. I mean it's not fast or anything, the torque is just there w/e you need it, better than a diesel. Not worth the money though imo. Especially since you can get a Prius for that kinda money (it's more car, if less interesting). I just kinda thought that the greenies would be jumping on them or something like with the Prius. Funny how Honda's going on about being aggressive this year with pricing and pushing the Civic's price down (not sure if sales are up or not, I reckon the current Civics aren't the prettiest thing around the block) yet the CRZ and Legend are still such rip offs.

Is it just me or the (petrol) engine sounds like someone had killed a cat?

sensei_
04-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Which dumbass brought a Legend

whats wrong with the legend? it might not be a lexus but it does the job relatively well.

not sure id pony up rrp for one. maybe a nice preowned one when they get to a decent price point

Fredoops
04-05-2012, 11:48 PM
whats wrong with the legend? it might not be a lexus but it does the job relatively well.

not sure id pony up rrp for one. maybe a nice preowned one when they get to a decent price point

I agree, it does the job well. Camry-well instead of E-series well, if you catch my drift.

Where do I start...

cost almost as much as 3x accord euros
post facelift = ugly
pre facelift = 5 speed tranny instead of 6
6yo underpinnings
SuperHandling AWD... not as super as they claim, in fact far from it
That Dash.... screams Nissan Maxima
turning circle of the titanic
make me feel like taking out funeral insurance just by standing next to it

When a Volvo S80 is more exciting to drive, and faster, and use less fuel, and cost about the same, you got a serious problem

antony
05-05-2012, 08:07 AM
A new Legend is about to be released in the US,where it will be valled the Acura RLX.

ChaosMaster
05-05-2012, 08:14 PM

Problem is what other cars you can get for the same rrp. E class, 5 series or Lexus GS. All miles better. Infinity is arriving here soon as well, will make Legend's redundancy about the only thing that lives up to it's name.