PDA

View Full Version : DC5 luxury or Accord Euro?

LachlanB
07-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, just wanted your thoughts on whether I should get a DC5 sports luxury or an accord euro, basically I want the DC5 luxury as i want a cruiser opposed to performance the sunroof and leather are the things that win me over.
What are your experiences with the integra or the accord euro?
What are both cars like concerning petrol?
:)

curtis265
07-05-2012, 06:35 PM
i have owned neither, but I would pick the accord.

mainly because the integra lives in the shadow of the type R, and that the accord is far better looking

ekvtec
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
To be honest its up to what you would use the car mostly for.

eg. Worlds of difference from 2 door and 4 door imo, if you need room or have frequent passengers go euro
If your looking for a good modern sports car look go the integra.

Both can come with sunroof and leather, its just up to personal choice and what you use it for

TGW92
07-05-2012, 06:57 PM
If you are after something nice and cruisy that is well equipped, the accord euro hands down every time :)

Reason is that the integra is still a 2 door and is still a coupe.. Whereas the accord euro (which I test drove before buying my car) is extremely well equipped from factory with 4 doors and lots of space

And the torque of the 2.4 is much better suited for a comfortable cruiser as you won't have to rev it as high to get moving.... Both will be similar in fuel economy I would imagine...

As stated above, either can have sunroof and leather etc. so it is up to you... Maybe test drive an accord euro as they're still available new and if a friend or someone has an integra see if they'll take you for a drive...

Both are going to be great cars, as both are hondas :p

DakDak
07-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Accord Euro
Reasons
-I dont get why people think "luxury" and Honda go together. You can get a Honda thats luxury inclined. But not ACTUALLY luxury. Leather seats, and a luxury emblem on the rear DO NOT MAKE IT LUXURY. Marketing ploy that fools alot of people. But the Honda Accord would be more 'luxury' or comfortable than the DC5
-K24A3 pawns the K20A3 in driveability.
-4 doors
-As mentioned above you are going to feel silly next to a Type R with a base.
-Resale alot easier.

r3ckless
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM
During the week I drive a fully optioneed toyota camry. it has leather seats, power everything, space and a 3.0L V6 3SGTE engine to boot. on the weekends, I switch it up between my Integra Type S and my gf's Facelift Luxury. If I had to choose between the fully optioned camry or the facelift luxury (in auto) ... I'd choose the luxury hands down. 2 door sports even in an auto is so much better then a 4 door. I have always been opposed to 4 door cars in the last several years. Then again the luxury dc5 does have fancy wheels and some nice coilovers so its low and handles better then stock.

Regarding petrol, Im sure if both the dc5 and accord euro are auto, the k20a3 will be better on fuel then the k24a3? - unsure so dont quote me here

if u want good fuel consumption, get the manual for sure

Indie
07-05-2012, 08:42 PM
The thing is, the Integra Lux looks like a sports car, but isn't one. It's just a weird compromise between a sports car and a cruiser, neither one or the other. If you want a nice lux cruiser, I think the Euro is definitely the way to go. It looks better, too.

r3ckless
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Meh, both the dc5 luxury has the majority of what a luxury cruise comprises of, a sun roof and leather seats. The only thing it doesnt have are electric seats, but once u set the seat up to ur desired position, how often would u change it?

mrgu
08-05-2012, 01:57 AM
U r wrong. Euro is better because of the details

1. Euro key looks better and more practical has boot release rather than having 2 pieces

2. Door handle more modern and looks better

3. Has heated seat

4. Quality of leather seat is better

5. More kw and torque

6. Hid as standard in lux model

7. 17 "inch rims by enkei in lux model

8. Has better resell value

9. NO euro r available in Aus

10. If u want lux why not have the Prelude 2001 vti r with beige interior

Indie
08-05-2012, 04:51 AM
The Accord Euro looks infinitely better than the Prelude.

r3ckless
08-05-2012, 06:39 AM
U r wrong. Euro is better because of the details

1. Euro key looks better and more practical has boot release rather than having 2 pieces

2. Door handle more modern and looks better

3. Has heated seat

4. Quality of leather seat is better

5. More kw and torque

6. Hid as standard in lux model

7. 17 "inch rims by enkei in lux model

8. Has better resell value

9. NO euro r available in Aus

10. If u want lux why not have the Prelude 2001 vti r with beige interior

Point conceded. But seriously..."euro key looks better"? Shit.... U must got a small dick to worry about minor things like this to win arguements

LachlanB
08-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks everyone, I was looking Accord Euro's are definitely cheaper as well and easier to come across.
The better looking key really won me over...

r3ckless
08-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Facelift have the one key like the accord euro, no boot button. The prefacelift have the "inconvienicne" of 2 keys.

butterfingers
08-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Lexus IS250 dummaaaaaa

mrgu
08-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks everyone, I was looking Accord Euro's are definitely cheaper as well and easier to come across.
The better looking key really won me over...

You are on the right track mate. Details like keys makes a huge difference oh and r3ckless you don't need to have a big dick to win arguments. Boot release is used a lot among drivers who have them. Lachlan if u insist on Dc5 get the type s . Cos dc5 lux is piece of overlypriced metal.

curtis265
08-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Point conceded. But seriously..."euro key looks better"? Shit.... U must got a small dick to worry about minor things like this to win arguements

it'sthe little things that matter

if u knwo what i mean

DC5FTW
18-06-2012, 03:27 AM
4 doors are always the best for moving ppl.

pe45678
18-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Accord Euro for sure;p