PDA

View Full Version : ecu code quote me please

cheapdouchebag
08-05-2012, 06:29 PM
got my obd2 reader in today, decided to finally check out why my cel keeps coming on under constant load over 3krpm/cold (if i dont drive under constant load over 3k or only stay within that upper range for only a few seconds and i switch to a higher gear im fine).

well.
got my ecu code now
P0341... Camshaft sensor
checked the sensor theres no oil and wiring seems to be fine, as well as the wires arent close to the spark plug wiring.

i can only assume now that i have a tensioner/stretched timing chain problem. sigh

can someone give me a rough quote on how much would it cost for a newchain/tensioner? i know its gunna be alot but i hope some places will do for cheaper

bloody honda accords, imo they are the worst build honda lineup.

Fredoops
09-05-2012, 11:58 PM
You sure it's not the timming chain tensioner??

Cause that was known to die after a long while....

Otherwise.. You are royally screwed. Cause timming chain replacement means Lifting the engine out (iirc) then you are talking 4 digits.

cheapdouchebag
10-05-2012, 01:02 AM
so if its not the timing chain as i HOPE it hasnt been stretched, then i would want to replace the guides and the tensioner then.
im currently going through a checklist on what i would neeed to check to 100% confirm its the tensioner not a sensor or the solenoid.

yep, i know i am screwed. just want to get a more closer estimate on what to the price is. i know its a 4 digit, but in what range
ive only owned this car in just over a year, bought from 2nd hand dealership, is there anything i can do about it?

tony1234
10-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Look here!
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0341

aaronng
11-05-2012, 02:40 PM
well.
got my ecu code now
P0341... Camshaft sensor
checked the sensor theres no oil and wiring seems to be fine, as well as the wires arent close to the spark plug wiring.

i can only assume now that i have a tensioner/stretched timing chain problem. sigh

Do you have a piggyback ECU like the Apexi Neo?

cheapdouchebag
13-05-2012, 11:32 AM
no vafc or any piggyback at all. this occured same time when i did resonator delete if that has any effect

cheapdouchebag
14-05-2012, 06:03 PM
UPDATE- for Ozhonda database i have taken my euro to CRS automotive for carl to inspect.

P0341 inspection - carl ran a HDS system through the car and gave me this printout

Erased engine management code 57-03 CMP sensor performance Code 57-03 returned once engine was started and revved.

Engine has suffered failure of VTC actuator and as such engine requires dismantling to gain access to and replace

VTC actuator
VTC control solenoid
Camshaft drive chain
Camshaft drive chain guides
Camshaft drive chain tensioner

Cost to effect repairs using genuine honda parts aprox $1670.00

just thought if any euros that or any K-series recieve the code P0341 - this post is what you should be looking into.

Fredoops
14-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Lol fook.....

Any chance of a wrecked swap?

Edit. 1/2 way to a k-frank lol

cheapdouchebag
15-05-2012, 12:16 AM
nah, the first time carl saw the car and i popped a small word to him which was 6 months ago and since then ive driven the euro under 2000km's so his guessing the head is fine as the VTC failing and seizing up has kept the chain tight. in replacing the VTC actuator he knows the timing chain will get slack again and predicts it will then be too slack as a result of the stretch in which then the chance of a piston slapping onto a valve is more possible. other than that he assures me this engine will last at least another 200,000 kms provided servicing stays punctual after repairs.

it is because i have left the CEL for 6 months (Even though ive driven it for so little since then) he doesnt want to give me misleading information or lie that my motor will be fine with just the actuator replacement. kinda kicking myself about leaving it for 6 months as i thought it was just an electrical problem. but turns out since i bought the car, there has been boggings/struggle/delay when the i-vtec works. kinda annoyed at the dealerships as well as soon as i bought the car before anything i immediatley told astoria honda to find whatever problems they can find and repair it including my own demands which were.
-engine oil
-air filter
-oil filter
-tranny fluid
-brake fluid
i think they noticed my car's problem but they only replaced the battery >_> which is what they thought was the issue.
end rant.

so in response, no k-frank for me. npcan2's euro ive seen on the threads made 143kw with boltons and the other bloke from WA with the k20/24 made 142 i think. so im not convinced a k20 head will do much good on the euro. i thought they were only really done when k20 motors blew, and salvaged the head and mated it with a k24 block?

just probably going to wait for tax return to repair this euro, in the mean time im driving my daily civic ferio which has same fuel economy at the moment, but takes cheaper petrol.

if anyone experiences this issue with their accord, esp with the 2004 models which have oil consumption = possible low oil = timing chain stretch. heres where to look into!