PDA

View Full Version : [CL9]Camber Kit

ChaosMaster
09-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, looking at getting a rear camber kit for my car now that springs are coming. Any that you guys are recommending? And should I take them to a store for wheel alignment or should I be safe putting them on myself?

TRaNz
09-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Ingalls Rear Camber Kit.

I rock one and quite a few other CL9 members on here and on TSXClub do too. Very good, and lots of adjustment......esp for people who want more neg camber...... =D

get the camber kit put in when the springs get put in, so its done all at the same time rather than 2 processes. And then get a wheel alignment, to put it back into spec other wise youre gonna have whacky uneven camber and toe and shizzz gonna be everywhere.

marquee
09-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Put them on yourself. then get an alignment

ChaosMaster
09-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Was thinking of putting the springs on myself, so will prob put on teh camber kit myself. Not really wanting any camber (damn 18" tyres are expensive), don't wanna wear the crap out of them. If I wanted camber, I'ld leave it as is when lowered as that'ld give it quite a bit of camber. How much do ingalls go for? Was talking to pedders, and their kits go for 225.

marquee
10-05-2012, 11:33 AM
About the same from memory. Or you could get hardrace camber only kit about 200 from jdmyard easy to put on however more annoying to do the custom alignment as it is on top of the assembly

aaronng
11-05-2012, 02:35 PM
If you have a Luxury, then I don't recommend Ingalls rear camber kit because it doesn't have the mounting point for the HID level sensor.

ChaosMaster
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Mine's a base level CL9 Facelifted. It doesn't have the auto leveling, but it does have aftermarket HID. I'm lowering the front more than the rear though, so the lights will be pointing lower. Don't get how the camber would make any difference to the HID though, would have thought that the suspension height would affect it.

peetah
11-05-2012, 04:12 PM
If you have a Luxury, then I don't recommend Ingalls rear camber kit because it doesn't have the mounting point for the HID level sensor.

Any idea on what it would take to fabricate a mounting bracket?

Got the ingalls and a lux. About to have the ingalls installed but didn't think about the rear auto leveller up until now.

jzx_andy
11-05-2012, 08:15 PM

hid level sensor is on the front isnt it? :s

TRaNz
12-05-2012, 01:36 AM
hid level sensor is on the front isnt it? :s

apparently its on the rear.
Mines just cable tied and rendered useless....wonder who cable tied it....any ideas Aaron? LOOOOOL =P

jzx_andy
12-05-2012, 03:02 AM
apparently its on the rear.
Mines just cable tied and rendered useless....wonder who cable tied it....any ideas Aaron? LOOOOOL =P

haha thats what i did with one thats on the front left.. cable tie that shiet!

ChaosMaster
17-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Just checking, how much neg camber would I get if I lowered my car say 300mm/200mm f/r? Enough to warrant a camber kit? I mean it's not even 1 inch drop on the rear. I know the stock setting is 1 deg already, is there any room for adjustment?

TRaNz
17-05-2012, 07:48 PM
you wont need a front camber kit, you dont get really whack neg camber for the front when lowering. The rear,you will def need one regardless. your rear camber will be like -2 to -3.5 in there somewhere. so you will need one otherwise your tires will be worn quick.

ChaosMaster
17-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm concerned about, it's the rear. Although I've heard people need to drop more than 1.5 inches to get -2 camber, is this true?

marquee
18-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Just checking, how much neg camber would I get if I lowered my car say 300mm/200mm f/r? Enough to warrant a camber kit? I mean it's not even 1 inch drop on the rear. I know the stock setting is 1 deg already, is there any room for adjustment?

lol lowering 30cm :P i know what you mean just being a jerk.

Anything you do to your suspension as soon as its removed will chuck it your camber and toe out of whack. even raising it etc.

Hardrace camber kit has the hid leveling tool from memory.

To be honest any lowering in our cars i would always recommend atleast a rear camber kit. It makes adjusting the camber for when you raise lower want to tuck tires more 100000 times easier.

But a misconception is that you definatly need one. You don't you can make it so the camber is the same on both sides. and if its only like you say 20mm lower you should be able to bring it back within oem specs if not fairly close.

There is always a little bit of room for adjustment with stock parts. just not as much with a camber kit

ChaosMaster
18-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks Marquee, I knew that there was some room for adjustments. The question really is how much room. +-0.5°? Besides that, I've got a base model Euro anyway, so my HID are aftermarket, of which I intend to drop the front more than the rear, which means it'll be pointing slightly lower anyway. I can adjust them myself so it's not that much of a biggie. The question is that if I grab them with my springs from HT, I won't have to pay shipping all over again. Then again, this is for street use, which is why I'm hesitating splurgin 140 extra for something I don't really need. Damn, if only that Ask Markus fucntion worked. Lolz.

marquee
20-05-2012, 11:51 PM
What springs you getting? if just eibach pro I wouldn't bother. And if your unhappy get it from jdmyard. Hardrace camber kit is fine

ChaosMaster
21-05-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm grabbing the Tein HTech which lowers the rear even less than the eibach, I think.... either way, doens't seem like I'll need a camber kit. My current tyres (ContiSport Contact 3) are so damn terrible anyway that wearing them out faster might not be a bad thing.

peetah
21-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I got the H-Techs from heeltoe along with the Koni shocks. Let me know if you'd like some pics :D.

Didn't end up installing the camber kit I got and JAX still managed to keep camber within spec during alignment (although the rear hadn't/hasn't settled yet so it might be slightly out once that happens but I wouldn't know). I just wish I wouldn't scrape the front on my driveway when reversing now :(.

ChaosMaster
22-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Lolz, nice. Some pics would be great. I'm guessing you didn't lower it any extra via the Koni's though. I'm keeping my stock shocks. No point in changing them for such little drop. Do the Koni's give better ride though, or is it firmer?

peetah
22-05-2012, 09:13 AM
It's definitely firmer. I feel more confident when going at higher speeds. It's hard to describe but IMO it feels more planted and less floaty. The downside is the comfort has gone down a bit.

Yeah used the "stock" perches on the Koni's. Was quite shocked at the height after the switch even before the springs settled. A bit too low for my liking but what are you gonna do lol.

http://i.imgur.com/3ZwGy.jpg
This was taken last week, two days after the installation. The driver's side front had already settled but the rear hadn't settled at all yet when this was taken.

http://i.imgur.com/NqgxI.jpg
Close up of the front driver's side, one day after installation.

I'll try and get some new pics this weekend. Way too dark by the time I get home unfortunately.

ChaosMaster
22-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Awesome. I think Koni's lower the height even more, as they are meant to make the cars height adjustable even with stock springs. Looks like the front is lower than the rear though, lets hope that's fixed in your settled pictures.

peetah
02-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Sorry for the delay ChaosMaster, ended up having to work over the weekend so didn't get a chance till today. Here are the pics.

http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t516/peetah_k/Accord%20Euro%20Suspension/

Front passenger is still higher then front drivers. The rear looks like it's settled a bit but I still scrape on reversing out of my driveway lol. Pretty sure it's just the plastic shield on the bottom though I hope.

ryaan
02-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Sorry for the delay ChaosMaster, ended up having to work over the weekend so didn't get a chance till today. Here are the pics.

http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t516/peetah_k/Accord%20Euro%20Suspension/

Front passenger is still higher then front drivers. The rear looks like it's settled a bit but I still scrape on reversing out of my driveway lol. Pretty sure it's just the plastic shield on the bottom though I hope.

is that more like 1.5 finger gap? looks good !

peetah
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks ryaan. Yeah 1.5 finger gap sounds like an accurate description of the front drivers lol.

Still need to figure out if the front passenger needs to settle or whether something got installed incorrectly but that'll have to wait till next week.

Question to anyone with a Lux and has had a Ingalls camber kit installed, what did you end up doing with the rear HID sensor? I still have mine sitting in my garage and am tossing up whether or not to install them even though my drop shouldn't be severe enough to warrant them.

ChaosMaster
02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks Peetah. Yeah, it's exactly what I'm looking for. I've ordered my springs, although a bit short on cash to install them just yet.

ryaan
02-06-2012, 11:56 PM
im still tossing up on how much to lower.. with your one peetah.. do you scrape heaps? like on drivewas etc? 1.5finger gap looks flush but dont know if its practical... :S and 2 finger gap looks like its not even lowered :S dilemma dilemmaass

peetah
03-06-2012, 12:59 AM
I've never scraped on anywhere but my stupid driveway and once when I flew down the ramp at the parking garage at my local gym and even then it was the black plastic part at the bottom of the front of the car I think. Dad scraped the bumper once when he was reversing out the driveway way too quickly as well but that could of been me when I flew down the ramp not too sure. One of these day's I'll get around to chucking some wooden planks there so I don't scrape although if I angle it out of my driveway I've managed to get away without scraping a few times.

I've yet to find a speed bump where I scrape. I'll take a shot of the dip in my driveway if I remember tomorrow so you can see what I'm dealing with if you'd like.

Not sure what's happening with the drop but it's been over 3 weeks now and it's still not even. 60-70% of the time there's only one person in the car though but not sure if the front passenger should of settled by now from that. Really should try making a video of the gap. I reckon photos are too misleading because of the angle of the shots. TBH I couldn't even tell there was a difference in the heights until I stuck my fingers in lol.

Snoop_gee
06-03-2013, 10:32 AM
touch bit annoyed but would definitely need clarification.

Seeing as the CL9 has been a multi-linking suspension system.
The Igallsss rear camber kit has two adjustable rods per side.

But then im told there is others with an upper camber kit which i think needs to be purchased separately.

Can i just use what i have at the moment Ingalls rear camber kit to do the job or do i need to buy the upper rear camber kit.
Making it a 3x roads adjustable per side than just 2.

peetah
06-03-2013, 10:52 AM
From what I remember you get either the Ingalls OR the top mounted kits which replace the OEM one. The problem with the top ones is that you're replacing the stock ball joint and the aftermarket ones seem to break easily.
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tech-articles/suspension/for-camber-rear-kits-avoid-parts-with-aftermarket-ball-joints..html

The Ingalls should be the only one you need.

Snoop_gee
06-03-2013, 11:32 AM
i was under the car yesterday took the wheel off and all.
tried adjusting the bars but what didnt make sense to me was.

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/files/pitboard/tech_suspension/ingalls_rrcarmberarm_150Kmi.jpg

Adjusting the bars further wider meant when trying to fit it back it didnt line up for the bolts to be put thru so i had to adjust the bar back to the very specific length as in back to the way it was .
Q. How do you make adjustments on the Ingalls camber kit.