PDA

View Full Version : car incident

shadou
10-05-2012, 10:03 PM
was driving down a narrow street and smacked a banged up ford falcon wagon right hand mirror.
Only minor paint scratches on my mirror but his mirror went all over the place, housing stayed on the car though.
so question, I left my details on his car but he has not called me and since (8 hours now) he has existing damage to his car (front bumper out of alignment) what can I do to protect myself?

simmy
10-05-2012, 10:06 PM
tough situation man, being a good person you are, he might take it in advantage and fk you up the anoos

did you take any pictures of your car/his car after the incident?

lilthug
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
good on you for leaving details

not many people for do that

esp since there wasnt much damage

you a good human

hope u dont get fked over by that

grifty
10-05-2012, 10:10 PM
i dont really think they are gonna hassle you over a mirror, if its a old banged up falcon u can pick one up for like what $20?

amant02
10-05-2012, 10:12 PM
LOL YOU LEFT DETAILS!

Good on you for ****ing yourself bahahaha

He probs wont try it. Who would really believe that note? saying if the weather didnt take it away.

Once i hit someones driver side mirror since people saw me I acted like i was writing a letter, said I was sorry and left my ex's details bahahahaha

mocchi
10-05-2012, 10:25 PM
faith in honda drivers somewhat restored.

he probably cbf or doesnt even have insurance or have lodged claim
wait till next week monday

mooshie
10-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Amant02 wow what a person you are.... inspirational.

To the OP good on you for acknowledging what you had done be good if there were more people like you. Having said that you should protect yourself by writing specifics on the note including referring to the existing damage and write down exactly the damage you caused. Photos would be a good idea too if possible. I wouldn't worry about it too much, just move on and if you get a call deal with it then! Worrying gets you no where

manolii
10-05-2012, 11:48 PM
good on you for leaving details, i have been on the recieving end of a incident like this, My car got reversed into by a ute but lucky for me it was caught on camera and the guy was caught. If you took photos of the damage to there car and your car you should be ok and im sure they could tell that your car had scratch marks in places that match up with his (on front bumper etc).

shadou
11-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Yea i took photos using my phone, even opted to file a police report but the police woman said not to bother with such a small incident =.=
well all I can do is hope he won't try to screw me, worrying that they haven't contacted me yet =s
noticed the mirror i smacked was a second hand unit anyway, had numbers written on the housing (black plastic)

curtis265
11-05-2012, 12:38 AM
faith in humanity restored!

i don't have anythign intelligent to say, but good on you

EG52NV
11-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Don't you know breaking mirrors is 7 year bad luck man! Lol

I swear who ever damages other people's car and don't leave details are kunts. Good on you mate, did the right thing

dougie_504
11-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Good work. Dunno how he would manage to put a bumper on your though if you only hit him with your own mirror.

shadou
11-05-2012, 04:02 PM
yea guy just rang, asked him to get a few quotes for the mirror only, hoping it won't cost too much

grifty
11-05-2012, 10:13 PM
yea guy just rang, asked him to get a few quotes for the mirror only, hoping it won't cost too much

go on ebay buy and send a brand new aftermarket unit, problem solved.

mocchi
11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
go on ebay buy and send a brand new aftermarket unit, problem solved.

whos gonna fit it in and paint? lol

pm cb auto

amant02
12-05-2012, 12:56 AM
It has happened to me, my car got hit and run a few times, no one left a note why should I do it. How many of yous got hit and run and had a left when you arrived?

Drifter995
12-05-2012, 03:30 AM
It has happened to me, my car got hit and run a few times, no one left a note why should I do it. How many of yous got hit and run and had a left when you arrived?

That's the exact kind of logic that got you in the amount of hit and runs you've been in. 'nobody has done it to me, so screw everyone else'
I've not been in a hit and run incident thus far. luckily.

sensei_
12-05-2012, 11:56 AM

ive lost count, its one reason why im considering a shock sensor for my car so that it will sms me when my car has been hit. but im not sure how effective it is.

i would leave a note (but ive been lucky that i havent hit any cars yet!), and believe it or not, whenever i leave a note, the other side always say something like "oh, its ok mate, dont worry about it!". people are actually nice about it if you are honest.

androo
12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
ive lost count, its one reason why im considering a shock sensor for my car so that it will sms me when my car has been hit. but im not sure how effective it is.

i would leave a note (but ive been lucky that i havent hit any cars yet!), and believe it or not, whenever i leave a note, the other side always say something like "oh, its ok mate, dont worry about it!". people are actually nice about it if you are honest.
I would always leave a note as well. Regarding the shock sensor + SMS alarms, they are pretty effective however if the person is going to be dishonest I doubt they would still be there by the time you got back...

Also, you stated 'ive been lucky that i havent hit any cars yet!' but you also said 'believe it or not, whenever i leave a note, the other side always say say something like "oh, its ok mate, dont worry about it!"'. A bit weird when you haven't hit any cars............................

sensei_
12-05-2012, 12:56 PM
the second bit was when i was with my dad.... not me personally driving.

edit: also another incident was when a mate of mine was driving, and knocked into a bumper in the carpark. likewise he left a note and the other driver just dropped it. should have made myself clear.

for those who have seen my driving in the carpark, i can be abit slow moving in there to be on the cautious side.

adamc11
12-05-2012, 03:32 PM
edit: also another incident was when a mate of mine was driving, and knocked into a bumper in the carpark. likewise he left a note and the other driver just dropped it. should have made myself clear.

for those who have seen my driving in the carpark, i can be abit slow moving in there to be on the cautious side.

Don't get me started on car park drivers. I am so sick to death of door dents and having my bumpers hit. What really grinds my gears is when there are empty spots everywhere and someone parks right next to you. Or even worse, when you park and someone parks right into you, like this bozo who had his number plate hard up against mine - he broke my plate protector too :(

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1497/photo31p.jpg
By adamc11 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/adamc11) at 2012-05-11

Edit: and he didn't leave a note
Edit 2: the white car is mine

androo
12-05-2012, 06:17 PM
^^^^ Looks like she just didn't realise, hence no note or moving back (if she was dishonest and noticed, she would have reversed back or left). That said, she's a pretty bad driver...

adamc11
12-05-2012, 06:28 PM
she's a pretty bad driver...

It's funny how I said he and you said she, are you saying all bad drivers are women ;)

sensei_
12-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Don't get me started on car park drivers. I am so sick to death of door dents and having my bumpers hit. What really grinds my gears is when there are empty spots everywhere and someone parks right next to you. Or even worse, when you park and someone parks right into you, like this bozo who had his number plate hard up against mine - he broke my plate protector too :(

[IMG]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1497/photo31p.jpg

Edit: and he didn't leave a note
Edit 2: the white car is mine

I remember one prick who did the same, and then had the cheek to say i dented his car. oh yeah? looks whose over the line mr dickhead. i took a few snaps on my phone, and made him pay up else i would be pursuing the damage thru insurance as he was clearly at fault.

needless to say, he backed off and paid me for my bumper damage

amant02
13-05-2012, 10:36 PM
What grinds my gears is the fcuking $600 excess i gota pay ea time this happens....

Troy
14-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Waiting on how much for mirror

shadou
14-05-2012, 09:31 PM
lol, had a pretty busy weekend but guy got back to me on Sunday night with 2 quotes $140-$145
It's a horrible amount for a side mirror which was clearly 2nd hand to begin with but I'd rather cop it and never ever do it again =.=

chow_tofu
17-05-2012, 12:12 AM
I think he could be ripping you off.

If I were you, ask him if you can find a replacement mirror, instead of him getting it fixed.

If you have time, just have a look on ebay or even the wreckers. Some parts can be found cheap :)

amant02
17-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Good guys never win

tripleuse
17-05-2012, 12:20 AM
LOL YOU LEFT DETAILS!

Good on you for ****ing yourself bahahaha

He probs wont try it. Who would really believe that note? saying if the weather didnt take it away.

Once i hit someones driver side mirror since people saw me I acted like i was writing a letter, said I was sorry and left my ex's details bahahahaha

right here, the maddest **** alive, **** i wish i could be that much of a sick **** FARRRKK!!