PDA

View Full Version : D15B4 Dual Carb Q&A

Blaeven
11-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping that maybe, because we got the Dual Carb motor in not just the ED but also the EG civic, that we can get a thread together regarding any information we have learnt as a collective whole.

either that, or we could just turn this into a Q&A thread.

My question:
I removed my O2 sensor to install a wideband sensor for an AFR gauge. The gauge works great, but my car runs rich as hell (as rich as 9.8:1 on WOT). I'm beginning to wonder if maybe removing my O2 sensor is causing my ECU to somehow make the carbs run richer than they need to.

I guess I was under the impression that removing the O2 shouldn't matter because the car is Carby, but I'm starting to think I was wrong.

So my question is this: How the hell do I stop my car running so rich? Do I need to buy another O2 sensor or can I pull the ECU out of my car or is there some part of the carbs that I can remove/adjust to fix the issue?

Thanks guys :)

bboyzell
11-05-2012, 04:54 PM
My question:
I removed my O2 sensor to install a wideband sensor for an AFR gauge. The gauge works great, but my car runs rich as hell (as rich as 9.8:1 on WOT). I'm beginning to wonder if maybe removing my O2 sensor is causing my ECU to somehow make the carbs run richer than they need to.

So my question is this: How the hell do I stop my car running so rich? Do I need to buy another O2 sensor

You Said it yourself, you took the 02 sensor out, take out your wideband and reinstall the 02 sensor, problem solved.

Then take your car to a exhaust shop and get them to install a 02 bung (believe that's what its called) in close area to the 02 sensor
on the exhaust. then screw your wideband sensor in to there..

From there you will have both sensors installed 02 for the car and wideband for the gauge

hmetro24
12-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Why you wanna install a wide band sensor on this engine ?

Blaeven
15-05-2012, 01:16 PM
You Said it yourself, you took the 02 sensor out, take out your wideband and reinstall the 02 sensor, problem solved.

Then take your car to a exhaust shop and get them to install a 02 bung (believe that's what its called) in close area to the 02 sensor
on the exhaust. then screw your wideband sensor in to there..

From there you will have both sensors installed 02 for the car and wideband for the gauge

The car is carbureted though, I didn't think that it would need an o2 sensor... That's why I'm asking if anyone has any experience regarding these 'computer controlled' carbs...

I'll be putting headers on it shortly that will have 2 bungs in them, then I guess I have to go and buy a new O2 sensor.

Blaeven
15-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Why you wanna install a wide band sensor on this engine ?

Because the car is Carbureted it can be tuned manually, basically meaning I can attempt to tune it myself. Having a wideband on a carby car means that I can tune it as I drive.

it's just not turning out as easy to tune as I'd originally hoped... :(

hmetro24
15-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Yes I know u can tune it manually but it's not easy to tune carbies and with dual carbies it's gonna be even harder,

~Sp33~
21-05-2012, 05:07 PM
lol, Honda just put sensors on and decided not to use them.

You're not going to make it run any better tuning it 'on the fly' with a wide band sensor. Just put it back to stock.