PDA

View Full Version : 2 stage central locking, ecu mod or hidden feature?

chris315
11-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi All
just spent the last hour looking for a post from a guy who got central locking working with first press on driver door and second press 3 other doors.

I seem to remember it was a hidden feature of the standard ECU, does anyone know of this information and how its done?

just gone thru changing the locking actuator passenger front door and dont wish to wear out any more unnecessarily!

cheers
Chris

Adrian128
12-05-2012, 12:28 PM
That's standard, isn't it?

Fredoops
12-05-2012, 03:14 PM
That's standard, isn't it?

No, the OEM 2 click are:
Click 1: all the doors
Click 2: trunk

I think.

chris315
12-05-2012, 05:50 PM
on my 04 accord euro lux its not standard unless you can tell me how its done, hence the thread.
I have a separate button for the 'trunk'
thanks for your replies.

Fredoops
12-05-2012, 05:54 PM
on my 04 accord euro lux its not standard unless you can tell me how its done, hence the thread.
I have a separate button for the 'trunk'
thanks for your replies.

You do, but if you press the lock button once you can still open the boot by a lever on the boot, on 2nd click you can't open boot without a key.

Adrian128
13-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Oh ok...my mistake.. I guess it's only standard in the CU2..

b_rent
14-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Chris315, if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you to replace the passenger door actuator?

chris315
14-05-2012, 04:44 PM
search ebay au for honda actuator, $49.95. hour and a bit of my labour.
some blood, sweat and tears when i broke the electric window switch and put the inside handle together wrong and locked myself in the car.
got it all back together and going though.

surprising that there is practically no sound deadening in the door hence why the euro is absolute rubbish for noise on the highway. and why another guy on this forum did the work that honda shouldve done in the factory with stick on tar stuff.

this was to be my last honda anyway considering their lousy warranty exclusions.

white_ep3_civic
14-05-2012, 05:22 PM
On my CL9 I'm pretty sure i managed to have just the drivers door open with the first unlock press and then the rest with the second. There was a thread on here about CL9 hints and tips which is where I think I found how to set this feature.

ChaosMaster
15-05-2012, 09:25 AM
search ebay au for honda actuator, $49.95. hour and a bit of my labour.
some blood, sweat and tears when i broke the electric window switch and put the inside handle together wrong and locked myself in the car.
got it all back together and going though.

surprising that there is practically no sound deadening in the door hence why the euro is absolute rubbish for noise on the highway. and why another guy on this forum did the work that honda shouldve done in the factory with stick on tar stuff.

this was to be my last honda anyway considering their lousy warranty exclusions.

Most cars don't have sound deadening in their doors. Stuff like Dynamat are there to increase your speakers performance more than to reduce noise. The tar stuff is a different story though, and goes on the wheel arches. Looking for some of that stuff myself actually.

chris315
16-05-2012, 04:50 PM
spent another hour and a half looking for the central locking answer and cant find it.....
will some kind soul help me out?

ChaosMaster
16-05-2012, 05:19 PM
With the CL9 though (not sure if it applies to the prefacelift, although it should), when you press the unlock key once, and press and hold it a second time (within a couple of seconds of each other), it opens all the windows. Also works using the key, where you turn once, and turn again and hold, except with the key, you can also close all windows too. I personally prefer this to the open just one door thing.

dj_smiles
17-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't think my 2005 preface does the auto windows thing..

Fredoops
17-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't think my 2005 preface does the auto windows thing..

My 2003 does. Maybe your tune killed it?

dj_smiles
17-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Oh, so they do... They go down, but not up.. Is that right?

MingZai
17-05-2012, 08:17 PM
to make it go up you put your key insidr and turn it clockwise twice and.on the second.time.hold it.