PDA

View Full Version : Decisions! Integra type s

B-rad
15-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey everyone. My names brad and I'm really considering getting a Honda integra type s. i think a type s is definitely the way I want to go (bit more of a comfortable type r). I just wanna check a couple things.

- are most type r and s parts interchangeable?
- I've tried looking around to see if there's any issues to watch out for but can't really see much. Saw one for sale that had its engine replaces at 80000 kms I was like wtf! A few with clutch replacements at earlyish kms.
- why the hell are type s integras so rare to find for sale as well, on carsales there's like a handful in nsw under $20k. Is it just that they were only in production for two years or did just nobody buy them?

I'm sure more questions will follow.

Tai
15-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Hey everyone. My names brad and I'm really considering getting a Honda integra type s. i think a type s is definitely the way I want to go (bit more of a comfortable type r). I just wanna check a couple things.

Hello Bradley

- are most type r and s parts interchangeable? YES ( some cosmetic parts like headlights, lip bumper bars are not due to the face and pre face lift )

- I've tried looking around to see if there's any issues to watch out for but can't really see much. Saw one for sale that had its engine replaces at 80000 kms I was like wtf! A few with clutch replacements at earlyish kms. Plenty around, you're just not looking hard enough. Engine replacement could be because they didnt look after it or over revved it or hydro locked it, who knows shit happens.
Clutch replacement at 80000kms, wtf? man when was the last time you drove a manual car, not everyone treats their clutch well or prob burns it out.
Heck it might of been tracked and it was worn out quicker. Seriously dont you have any clue mate?

- why the hell are type s integras so rare to find for sale as well, on carsales there's like a handful in nsw under $20k. Is it just that they were only in production for two years or did just nobody buy them?
Seen heaps for sale in the past.

Maybe you're in dry season. Just keep looking.

I'm sure more questions will follow.

Hopefully you google before asking more.

B-rad
15-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks dude! Clutch question - haha good point. I think I was just a bit taken back by the amount that had replaced clutches, that's all. Also, i said the engine replacement at 80000kms not the clutch. Anyway yeah thanks again for your input.

CRXDEL501
15-05-2012, 08:19 PM
totally agree with tai.
it all depends on how the car has been looked after.. cant really blame the car itself.
id be pointing the finger at the owner.
you shouldnt have any issues finding a clean type s.

good luck

r3ckless
15-05-2012, 08:42 PM
IMO spend a bit more on the type s. the facelift is just so much better (IMO) then the prefacelift. and converting the Type S to have the Type R main parts is easy. $1200 for SR4, $200 for Type R wing ...lets call it $2k all up to get those parts... to get facelift parts, is much much rarer, and also more expensive too.

CRXDEL501
15-05-2012, 08:46 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?90187-Type-R-vs-Type-S