PDA

View Full Version : First mod question on accord cu2

kelvinator124
16-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi guys,
I just wanna ask should I rather install a pod filter, or a k and n panel filter or change the muffler, cos I just want to change the sound of the car and based from what I know pod filters do not increase hp at all.

Cheers

euRo_noob
16-05-2012, 11:41 AM
I would say changing your muffler would give you the most increase in sound.
A pod filter would give you a better sound when you're at higher RPM's?

Not sure about a panel filter.

I have Magnaflows and a Takeda SRI and I'm pretty happy with my car. Sounds nice when everything's all hot and running. VTEC crossover is loud too :)

kelvinator124
16-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I would say changing your muffler would give you the most increase in sound.
A pod filter would give you a better sound when you're at higher RPM's?

Not sure about a panel filter.

I have Magnaflows and a Takeda SRI and I'm pretty happy with my car. Sounds nice when everything's all hot and running. VTEC crossover is loud too :)

Just asking can how much was the magna flow? And also with the takeda Sri can cops hear it lol

euRo_noob
16-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I'll PM you about the price.

Yes, I'm assuming you can hear the crossover from quite far away at 6-7k RPM lol. Pretty sound inside the car.

BigBen
16-05-2012, 05:09 PM
You know that you're going backwards in HP when you use a pod filter right? I will sound good but is it worth being blown away by a Kia because you lost HP using a pod.::wave:

ChaosMaster
16-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Muffler will give you the best sound. Pod Filter will give more power but mainly at higher revs where you don't use it. Panel Filter doesn't do anything for sound, or much in power (you get a bigger difference going from 95 to 98). Only real reason to get a panel filter is it's cheaper over time as it's washable.

BigBen
16-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Here you go pod filter myth busted!! You want more power rip out the back seat, remove the spare tyre and remove all the sound insulation. The CU2 is not that fast why you want to make it go backwards and loose more power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCi2yo4UqPI

BigBen
16-05-2012, 05:27 PM
You want more power, trade in your car and get a more powerful car!! Or buy yourself a second hand motorbike for $5k. Out of the box a motorcycle can do 0-100 in 3 seconds and 400m in about 10 seconds.

Tai
16-05-2012, 05:39 PM
go on ebay and search TSX 08 for parts.

Plenty of things to buy, from exahusts, intakes etc.

kelvinator124
16-05-2012, 05:59 PM
I noe it doesnt increase power BigBen im just wondering which one sounds better thats, and i have already watched mighty car mods pod filters mythbusted lol

cheers thanks

BigBen
16-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Get a cat back system with a valve in the muffler, such as a Varex type muffler. I suppose you can get it to be open when the vtec kicks in. At least it will not sound like a rice car when idling and driving normally.

Tai
16-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Get Injen CAI or a Comptech Icebox.

If you want to keep it legal and save money, just keep the filter stock as KnN doesnt really yield much gains and on some air filter tests actually filtered worse than OEM

If you have time, take off the front bar and remove the restricting stock resonator and put a direct CAI piping to your airbox.

Fredoops
16-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Here you go pod filter myth busted!! You want more power rip out the back seat, remove the spare tyre and remove all the sound insulation. The CU2 is not that fast why you want to make it go backwards and loose more power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCi2yo4UqPI

hmm... those people have no idea im sorry. Thats a forced induction vehicle. the intake method and requirement as well as aeroflow is completely different from a naturally aspirated vehicle. that test is all but null and void in applying to N/A cars.

They also did one for N/A cars, on pod filters, they claims it's a waste of money, but they recorded a 2.5% power difference between the pods.... on a Sohc Daihatsu 1.0 liter motor. thats bloody significant.

also...... when was the last time you see them mentioning that they reset ECU between runs?

Rudy
16-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Exactly Fred...as you (or someone else here recently said?), those MCM vids are for entertainment purposes only! I don't think they have one qualification between them.

euRo_noob
17-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Oh yeah, I also forgot that you could remove the resonator at the end of your stock air box. I just assumed you had already removed it.

Grab a pair of mufflers and remove your resonator. You'll still be able to gain some extra noise when you give it a bit of gas even with the stock airbox.

kelvinator124
17-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Oh yeah, I also forgot that you could remove the resonator at the end of your stock air box. I just assumed you had already removed it.

Grab a pair of mufflers and remove your resonator. You'll still be able to gain some extra noise when you give it a bit of gas even with the stock airbox.
Is it illegal to remove resonator though??

euRo_noob
17-05-2012, 11:55 AM
No. The resonator is there to feed cooler air into the airbox and quiet down the car as it is a luxury sedan.

tonysalib
17-05-2012, 02:15 PM
yeah remove the resonator and replace it with a tube to feed air directly from behind the bumper to the air filter box. That would defiantly sound different than stock and when you combine that with a K&N panel filter in the box makes the best value for money intake modification in my opinion.

kelvinator124
17-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Ohhh ok cos I was going to buy a K&N filter it's just tht taking the resonator takes me time lol

MR_LATE
17-05-2012, 07:27 PM
i got these two supercat mufflers that were on my car for a month and now they are just sitting there doing nothing, u can both for 120$ :) i wonder if ill be warned for this post aaronnng?

nesterjester
17-05-2012, 08:00 PM
i got these two supercat mufflers that were on my car for a month and now they are just sitting there doing nothing, u can both for 120$ :) i wonder if ill be warned for this post aaronnng?

how did they sound tony? did u get them flanged so theyre easy to put on and take off. ps saw your car the other day. around the corner from my mrs house. haha. cant miss that number plate!

1six8
17-05-2012, 08:45 PM
with the SRI or CAI, main diff is def the sound and revs a bit better at low to mid range.

not much benefit unless you are able to chip the ecu bit. apparently the ecu setup does not have the barometer sensor to pick up the additional suction pressure from the intake.

got a fujitsubo exhaust and takeda sri setup similar to euro_noob but had my ecu chipped with the barometer sensor along with additional 20kw gain. There is a noticeable difference between before and after at accelaration and throughout the rev range.

unfortunately the guys that do the ecu don't do it anymore and have outsourced it interstate.

MR_LATE
17-05-2012, 09:13 PM
how did they sound tony? did u get them flanged so theyre easy to put on and take off. ps saw your car the other day. around the corner from my mrs house. haha. cant miss that number plate!

I didn't even know about flanged. Gg . Where was i??