PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! d15b4 engine swap in ED!

VTI-RRR
17-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Sounds easy rip out old d15b5 with blown head gasket put in newer d15b4 out of an 93 EG.

BUT........ Problems: :(

1. right hand side engine mount will not line up with newer engine? use 93 eg mounts or... ?

2. wiring is all on opposite side as the battery location on an EG is on the right hand side where on the ED its on the left.... solution?

3. power steering pump is also different.....

any one have experienced this or has any ideas would be much appreciated

cheers

Bobby

FAITHLESS
17-05-2012, 02:58 PM
sounds easier to inspect the condition of the head and replace the gasket if the heads not warped or cracked.

VTI-RRR
17-05-2012, 03:10 PM
thats what i thought engine was more then dead even after head was fixed

FAITHLESS
17-05-2012, 03:12 PM
how was it fixed? was the head gasket definitely replaced and head inspected? sounds like chemiweld

VTI-RRR
17-05-2012, 03:15 PM
yhe everything was done but the engine was F*#ked others problems then just head gasket

FAITHLESS
17-05-2012, 03:19 PM
ok. don't know how to help you out. you're kind of in uncharted territory as far as i know. getting a mechanic and auto electrician to look at it would be a good place to start. i think you'll find however that most of them don't want to deal with problems like that. at least where i live they don't.

FAITHLESS
17-05-2012, 03:21 PM
you're going from OBD0 to OBD1 also, that's a challenge in itself.

~Sp33~
21-05-2012, 05:03 PM
you're going from OBD0 to OBD1 also, that's a challenge in itself.

PGM carb has on board diagnostics?

Swap the mount bracket from the ED motor onto the EG motor, then put the mount back on.

Use the harness from your old motor. Swap the power steering pump from the old motor. If there's any plugs that are different, cut the plugs off the EG harness and solder them on to the ED harness (replacing the ED plugs).

FAITHLESS
21-05-2012, 09:56 PM

My bad.

VTI-RRR
22-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Swap the mount bracket from the ED motor onto the EG motor, then put the mount back on.

Use the harness from your old motor. Swap the power steering pump from the old motor. If there's any plugs that are different, cut the plugs off the EG harness and solder them on to the ED harness (replacing the ED plugs).

thanks dude will update how i go ;)

bboyzell
22-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Sounds Pretty much Spot on.

I remember years ago when i was on my L's. My 91 ED Civic needed a new engine, went a purchased one from Melbourne that was out of a EG Breeze.

And i Definitely remember that the Engine mount from the ED engine was moved to the EG Civic. Since to took forever to get that mount off. Have a Feeling the harmonic balancer needed to be removed or something strange

~Sp33~
23-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Sounds Pretty much Spot on.

I remember years ago when i was on my L's. My 91 ED Civic needed a new engine, went a purchased one from Melbourne that was out of a EG Breeze.

And i Definitely remember that the Engine mount from the ED engine was moved to the EG Civic. Since to took forever to get that mount off. Have a Feeling the harmonic balancer needed to be removed or something strange

Harmonic balancer will need to come off to remove the lower timing belt cover which reveals the bolts.