PDA

View Full Version : fluctuating idle and suddenly dies

maaaaark
17-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I am freakin having so many problems with my car. my mechanic cant find the reason why my idle fluctuates so often. He told me it was because of the cams. CAMS are stage 1 so theyre not as big as 2's and 3's. I thought stage 1's are like stock but better.

I know that the cams change the idle but not by a significant amount. however, my idle goes high then it goes really low and weak for quite a few times then eventually dies. He adjusted the idle already but it still has the same issue.

what the F is happening to the car, so many freakin problems. I NEED HELP

sxmachine
17-05-2012, 10:12 PM
timing belt on properly

honda_zivic
18-05-2012, 02:17 AM
u dialed in the cams properly?
or
clean iacv.
or
scan ur ecu for codes.

blastnpast
18-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Have you got a tune since the new cams installed?

maaaaark
18-05-2012, 08:54 AM
yeah it was dynoed , ecu was also chipped

Alexplicit
18-05-2012, 09:28 AM
i would start by checking timing, sounds like its way out,

check all obvious things first, such as intake leaks!! ( vacuum leaks )

trism
18-05-2012, 10:05 AM
find a new mechanic

maaaaark
18-05-2012, 10:26 AM
any mechanics you can offer here on the westside specializing on hondas?

maaaaark
18-05-2012, 10:50 AM
u dialed in the cams properly?
or
clean iacv.
or
scan ur ecu for codes.

code was a TPS issue

mrwho
18-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Sounds like a vacuum leak...Check intake manifold gasket, throttle body gasket, all vacuum hoses etc...

*vtec-screamer
18-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I am freakin having so many problems with my car. my mechanic cant find the reason why my idle fluctuates so often. He told me it was because of the cams. CAMS are stage 1 so theyre not as big as 2's and 3's. I thought stage 1's are like stock but better.

I know that the cams change the idle but not by a significant amount. however, my idle goes high then it goes really low and weak for quite a few times then eventually dies. He adjusted the idle already but it still has the same issue.

what the F is happening to the car, so many freakin problems. I NEED HELP

could be your spark plugs or spark leads..change them if you have to.

honda_zivic
18-05-2012, 04:59 PM
u can check the voltage on the tps, if its fukd then replace it.

wat engine and brand of the cams u installed? those cheapo branded cams have issues.

did it happen after u install the cams or already b4 that?

if u check everything and nothing works i would put back in stock cams. if issue goes away then the issue is on the cams

maaaaark
19-05-2012, 02:37 PM
u can check the voltage on the tps, if its fukd then replace it.

wat engine and brand of the cams u installed? those cheapo branded cams have issues.

did it happen after u install the cams or already b4 that?

if u check everything and nothing works i would put back in stock cams. if issue goes away then the issue is on the cams

cams are skunk2 i bought them from a guy here.. it the oem cams didnt have issues

Bludger
19-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Did you check the cam thoroughly? might be a bent camshaft.

maaaaark
19-05-2012, 07:33 PM
i NEED TO FIX THIS. I KEEP DYING WHENEVER IM IN TRAFFIC . EVERYTIME I REV THE CAR THE IDLE GOES LOWER AND LOWER

blastnpast
19-05-2012, 08:01 PM
What car is this, what motor is in the car, how long has engine been in car or has it been converted?

maaaaark
19-05-2012, 11:46 PM
What car is this, what motor is in the car, how long has engine been in car or has it been converted?
the car is a da9 swapped b18c. car has been swapped very recently

maaaaark
19-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Did you check the cam thoroughly? might be a bent camshaft.

cams were in one piece when i bought them. arent skunk2 products really durable?

Bulbasaur
20-05-2012, 12:14 AM
dizzy

*vtec-screamer
20-05-2012, 12:21 AM
^ Take it to a bloody mechanic. no one will know for sure what the problem is unless they physically inspect it. if your mechanic doesn't know then take it elsewhere till someone solves it, mate. no point on asking here on a forum when nobody is going to physically inspect it.
Im just sayin'.

sxmachine
20-05-2012, 09:15 AM
hey mate just letting you know i done the same thing with my car.. put cams in and the idle used to go up and down than just dye on me.. the problem was theres 2 marks on the crank pulley i had put the timing belt on the wrong way which made it too advanced so just check your top dead centre by pulling out the first plug closest to your timing belt put a long screw driver in make sure piston is at the top than check the marks on the cam gears.. hope that makes sense cause that fixed my problem for me and i was using skunk2 pro 1

ceedeefive
20-05-2012, 11:37 AM
check your timing.

maaaaark
20-05-2012, 06:01 PM
hey mate just letting you know i done the same thing with my car.. put cams in and the idle used to go up and down than just dye on me.. the problem was theres 2 marks on the crank pulley i had put the timing belt on the wrong way which made it too advanced so just check your top dead centre by pulling out the first plug closest to your timing belt put a long screw driver in make sure piston is at the top than check the marks on the cam gears.. hope that makes sense cause that fixed my problem for me and i was using skunk2 pro 1

woah... thanks man!

maaaaark
21-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Update: I think I know how to work the car out now. But CEL comes on and off weird