PDA

View Full Version : Vic: registering dc2 as a 2 seater

croanth
20-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Just recently removed rear seats,carpet and rear plastics.
I wanna know if I'll be able to register it as a 2 seater without all the plastics in it?

IEVAQ8
20-05-2012, 08:14 PM
im pretty sure all u need to do is remove the seat belts and it can be registered as a 2 seater....

so i dont see y it would be a prob if the whole rear of the interior is missing...

GU357
20-05-2012, 08:41 PM
yeh i think the plastic unless its covering a airbag or sharp steel is just there to keep it neat looking and is not defectable and therefore not going to prevent re-registering.

keep in mind this may make the car harder to sell in the future as it is now not as good as the licensed 4 seater.

croanth
20-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Tom thanks!!
I'll have to come past show you the final product ;)

croanth
20-05-2012, 08:47 PM
yeh i think the plastic unless its covering a airbag or sharp steel is just there to keep it neat looking and is not defectable and therefore not going to prevent re-registering.

keep in mind this may make the car harder to sell in the future as it is now not as good as the licensed 4 seater.
Yeah that's true also !
Thanks mate !!

Bludger
23-05-2012, 04:02 PM
an easy process.

crobaa
25-05-2012, 05:06 PM
I did this about 2 months ago. As long as seats and belts are gone you should be ok. Also any holes exiting to outside need to be plugged. For example if you removed a bolt for the seat and now you can see outside through the bolt hole. My eg didnt have any of these holes so I doubt your dc2 will either. Try and keep all the wiring neat and concealed if you can too.