PDA

View Full Version : Ripping out that annoying resonator box!

GucciSir
22-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Ok guys,

So i recieved my new CAI in the mail today for my 94 DC4. ripped out the stock piping to the throttle body and the original air box. All thats left to do is rip out the bottom aka the resonator box right? WRONG WRONG. I have unscrewed the two bolts holding it in and have been manuvering out for the past 30 minutes now...... no progress what so ever. it just wont come out. Is their a way of doing this without ripping of the front bar? i dont feel confortable doing that. there only two bolts holding it in right? in willing to get a hack saw out and shredding it off if nothing else.

Any input would be appreciated

simmy
22-05-2012, 04:32 PM
You need to take off the front bar, it will be easier, there are bolts from the bottom as well, not only the ones you see in your bay. I took one out a few weeks ago

All the best

Regards,

Gilbert.

dc2r-0636
22-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Jack your car up and take undo your drivers side splash guard.

Then take it out from the bottom

Super-DA9
22-05-2012, 05:05 PM
removing the bumpers easy man you can do it ;)

GucciSir
22-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Ok ive had enough fo this piece of shit. Il ttake the front bumber off. Although i cant seem to find any good guides for pre face lift? anyone know where i can find one?

simmy
22-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Screws on top of bumper when you open hood

Bolts on the side holding the fender and bumper together/ splash guards

Bolts on the bottom under the bumper

You might have to look if lights/ indicators are attached aswell

lsvtec
22-05-2012, 05:26 PM
have fun

1.mile
22-05-2012, 05:31 PM
No need to take off front bumper, even though itll be easier but way too much work...

Theres three bolts...two easily visible when u get under the car and a third one right up towards the top near the splash guard.

As dc2r-0636 said taking off the guard may make things easier or extensions and rachet!

Good Luck!

infurNOS
22-05-2012, 05:44 PM

I did this method aswell, just make sure your wheel is full locked in. Heaps easier.

dc2r-0636
22-05-2012, 05:57 PM
That helps aswell, forgot to mention I took my drivers side wheel off lol

dougie_504
22-05-2012, 06:21 PM

This totally. I took my wheel off as well mate. Stuff removing the front bumper.

OP where do you live?

GucciSir
22-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Ive got the wheel turned all the way to the right, splash guard off, all three bolts are detinely gone and yet it just refuses abdsolutely refuses to come off. ive had enough. Mates coming over with the angle grinder .... im gnna rip it to shreds. besides with a CAI it wont be needed. i live in sydney inner west :)

charliebrown
22-05-2012, 08:06 PM
If you haven't already gone freddy on it... dougie_504 removed mine for me a while back. Don't take off the front bar incase when you put it back on it doesn't line up perfect again thus not JDM. Just a little manoeuvring and bent splash guard out with the car on stands to go at it from the bottom should do it. Decent combination of sockets should be able to get at all the bolts wherever they are hiding!

I wish you lick.

Regards,

Khaled.

Wru
23-05-2012, 02:35 PM
I was going to say just starting hacking it to pieces since you won't really need it and if you do need it again you can pickup stock intakes for dirt cheap.
It's how I did mine anyways.

Evok
25-05-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm sure there was more then 3 bolts when i took mine out, still remember the pain of having chunks of dirt in my eye.

Just look more carefully

You don't need front bar off, wheel helps but you can just turn it.

manolii
25-05-2012, 12:49 PM
This may help

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3011866

If you still have troubles ask around at Team Integra