PDA

View Full Version : integra cutting out

fretwekk
22-05-2012, 07:10 PM
hi all,
recently my dc2 integra would cut out after i've used about 35litres of fuel. first time this happened i thought i had run it empty, but when i filled up, only got ~35 litres in. since then, when i get to around the same usage, it would cut out and die, but i've always been able to start it up and get to a petrol station to fill up. i can hear a constant pulsing noise coming from the back of the car when the fuel gets low.

car starts fine, and drives fine on a full tank. does this sound like a fuel pump issue? fuel filter was changed recently.

thanks

hmetro24
22-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Imo , Change the fuel pump , fill petrol when ever it reach the middle, do not run car on low fuel. Also use fuel system cleaner

GU357
22-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Running your car on low fuel is bad for the pump because in a car fuel is constantly being pumped. when the fuel level is low the amount of guck and dirt in the tank is of higher concentration. Causing the pump to have to pump more gunk and less fuel through the filter, which stresses it quite a bit and wearing it out. eventually the pump might not be able to handle the opposing pressure n then die after running easily for all the time before that. hence causing it to cut out??

as said before fuel pump change would fix this if its the issue.

or if the gunk amount is A LOT then maybe the pump still wont be able to handle it.

goodluck

mytfoz
22-05-2012, 09:37 PM
sounds like fuel pump

i dunno about the bit where u have to fill up everytime its reaches the half way mark

GU357
22-05-2012, 09:42 PM
sounds like fuel pump

i dunno about the bit where u have to fill up everytime its reaches the half way mark

that would be to prevent the gunk concentration from getting too high in comparison with the fuel. so by keeping alot of petrol in the tank its easier for the pump to run.

SU-WOOP
24-05-2012, 10:51 PM
check that the pump is mounted properly
and that the pick up is sucking from the bottom of the tank