PDA

View Full Version : USB stick (USB2/USB3/FAT32)

QF006
22-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi, my first post here, bought this wonderful Accord Euro today and wanted to see whether my Corsair Voyager 32GB USB3/USB2-compatible stick would work on the Euro's radio. The radio says "Unsupported".

I tried a 2GB stick (USB2) before at the dealer, it is FAT32 formatted, as is the 32GB stick. I am only using a 2-level directory (folder) structure on the 32GB stick.

Does anyone have experience with what could be wrong ? The stick should be USB2 compatible, but who knows, USB3 could be the problem. Maybe the directory/folder names must be max. 8 characters ? I will play with this but if anyone knows why this failed for me, then please let me know.

Cheers,
Siggy

TbM
22-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Not to sure how this is related to Non-model specific talk on engines, brakes, ECU's and tuning.

Should be in model specific section or the ice section.

manolii
23-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Hi, my first post here, bought this wonderful Accord Euro today and wanted to see whether my Corsair Voyager 32GB USB3/USB2-compatible stick would work on the Euro's radio. The radio says "Unsupported".

I tried a 2GB stick (USB2) before at the dealer, it is FAT32 formatted, as is the 32GB stick. I am only using a 2-level directory (folder) structure on the 32GB stick.

Does anyone have experience with what could be wrong ? The stick should be USB2 compatible, but who knows, USB3 could be the problem. Maybe the directory/folder names must be max. 8 characters ? I will play with this but if anyone knows why this failed for me, then please let me know.

Cheers,
Siggy

A friend of mine had the same issue, check the following:
Check the file names arent to long
Check that the songs are MP3
Try have everything not in folders
If there are special characters in the song names ^%@# etc

If that doesnt work change the device to a USB2 device and have it formatted to Fat or Fat32.

QF006
23-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks for moving the thread. I have a solution now, even though I cannot say yet for sure, which of the changes fixed it, they were:

Reformat (quick format) the drive using the 'device default' cluster size.
Remove all hidden files (e.g. desktop.ini) and AlbumArt*.jpg files.
Changing the device's label from SIGGY-MUSIC to MUSIC.

Most likely it was the first change listed above. The drive initially had a cluster size of 64KB, and after selecting 'device default', the format dialog now shows 16KB.
Cheers,
Siggy

inflyt247
26-05-2012, 02:27 PM
The USB stick needs to be in the FAT32 format. I have had problems with it reading the drive but as soon as I formatted it in that format it worked now problems.

QF006
26-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Mine was already formatted in FAT32 format, but with a different cluster size.

kjs
29-05-2012, 09:33 PM
yeah its FAT32 ...the first ( older)
stick i put in didnt work "unsupported" and i was a little miffed ,but i just went and bought a new one from officeworks for $10 and works a charm since.