PDA

View Full Version : eg.. si or vti?

civti
06-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Hi guys, im lookin for a civic eg atm, and I im looking at getting either si or vti. I found that they both produce abt the same power so which is better?

bennjamin
06-03-2005, 06:25 PM
hi , welcome to the forum. It woudl be nice , if you can formally introduce yourself in our Intor thread sometime soon....

Oh , here is a good thread of SI vs VTI to get you started.

CLICK ME FOR THREAD ! (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15303&highlight=vti)

Remember , you can searcg our website too , there is a growing database everyday for all your questions.

civti
06-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks!! dw u will hear more abt me wen I get my civic

cheers :D

Disciple
06-03-2005, 10:21 PM
from what i have heard/read the SI will take the vti but the vti will catch up because they are pretty much the same kw.. but si apparently is better because its more consistent because vtec works on oil pressure and stuff like that!

Hope that helped :P

aimre
06-03-2005, 11:12 PM
its the fact that the VTi weighs more, coz its more creature comfortable :)

Vivski
06-03-2005, 11:48 PM
its the fact that the VTi weighs more, coz its more creature comfortable :)
I was under the impressing the Si was non-VTEC. I was looking at buying an Si, but it didn't feel very responsive. Didn't feel like it had the raw power at revs that the VTi has. I could be wrong.

I personally prefer the VTi, hence I just bought one. :D The sunroof is a bonus. The chicks love 'em. ;) Good for a little extra downforce too. :p

-Viv-

egSi
07-03-2005, 08:55 AM
si and vti has some power yes BUT it is generally knowb around that stock si vs stock vti with simliar drivers the si will come out on top. im not hating on vtis but i have a si and yes i wanted an si coz i knew what it can do.

just make sure u dont get a gl or something man :rolleyes:

aimre
07-03-2005, 11:47 AM
its coz of the huge chunk of glass in the roof and motors to move it, and other power stuff.

yes, the sunfoor can be opend and act like a spoiler

LAGOOT
07-03-2005, 08:57 PM
i would get a Si

type one
07-03-2005, 09:00 PM
hmmm... dohc non vtec or sohc vtec....

stick to vtec yo. though on both cars the chairs are crap, dun hug my fat rolls... can't corner hard without kissing my passenger...

tommyG
07-03-2005, 09:40 PM
i have an si and i raced a vti and beat it. just thought id add this

type one
07-03-2005, 09:57 PM
awesome... when you have an EG you got to take what you can get right?? hahahaa.... no offense cos i got one too LOL.

Vivski
07-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Is there any difference in the way they respond to light modding? Is one easier/cheaper than the other to milk more performance out of?

Blew_lude
07-03-2005, 10:35 PM
an Si will put shit all over the Vti.
its just a fact!
seriosly, what are u gona do with one cam
a vti wont catch up if u take it off the launch!

egSi
08-03-2005, 12:18 PM
man they r both worth modding, providing u do the right mods.

both can take a serious diet and it helps alot, it would be easier tho to get a si lighter :thumbsup:

some header full exhaust and a nice intake would be both as good as each other.

my si has torque from the get go so i guess that why maybe the si is a lil bit better but i hatin on vtis id buy one lol.

VT3C
08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
an Si will put shit all over the Vti.
its just a fact!
seriosly, what are u gona do with one cam
a vti wont catch up if u take it off the launch!

gee that's an intelligent post !!

pure ignorance I'm sorry....

bennjamin
08-03-2005, 04:33 PM
gee that's an intelligent post !!

pure ignorance I'm sorry....

not such a ignorant post...more so pure over confidence really.

Back on topic , stock cars....vti versus Si , same driver , same environment etc etc...
The Si will win on all accounts performance wise. That seems a fact.

merr.
14-04-2005, 03:09 PM
I had the choice of getting the Si and the Vti. I would get the Vti just for it's sunroof. =)
Unfortunately i got something with less power than either of them.

panda[cRx]
14-04-2005, 03:14 PM
i'd go for the Si but it depends on your further plans for the car (like will u swap the engine anwyay?)

Eclipsor
14-04-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm going through this same decision now. btw if the person that bought the si that was $6000 in qld trading post today reads this. Damn you!!!! :( Only had 113000 k's on it. I was 2nd to call and it was gone.

fusion_VTi
14-04-2005, 06:57 PM
were talking about 96kw here, i dont think its worth camparing them like 2 supercars! if ur looking for somethin fast buy yourself a import or an old school v8, however if u want a good looking car with a bit of go around town and whatnot, go the si or vti. i went the vti :D

Lukezen27
14-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Here's my question

The sunroof can't add that much weight to the VTi!!!!!!!!!

What ells makes it lighter?

tegstar83
14-04-2005, 10:13 PM
its coz of the huge chunk of glass in the roof and motors to move it, and other power stuff.

yes, the sunfoor can be opend and act like a spoiler

Yeah but only around 100k's an hour and what about all the air coming into the cabin theres gotta be some negetavie effects from that

aimre
14-04-2005, 10:17 PM
All the other power options.... Glass is heavy, so are the motors that move all this glass. Air con? idk other stuff

When u open the sunroof in "spoiler" mode, only the back comes up.. sorta like this ____/_____ . air doesnt come in, but hot air leaves

Terry
15-04-2005, 07:34 AM
i try Trev civic si b4......somehow do sounds like vtec:D ......but i put my bet on vti and never regard since. my suggestion is buy either one of them which ever is cheap.....mod it and be the coolest civic in town.:D

type one
15-04-2005, 07:40 AM
can't believe we are arguing about this. A vti will Sh8T all over an Si?? hahahaha - what by 1/1000 of a second?? LOL...

mate they are both EG's with two similar engines - you are going to mod it i assume, so just find a cheap one of EITHER and buy it, they will BOTH put a smile on your face.

Skinny
15-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Has anyone here put in a unichip or similiar ecu in their civic si or vti? What sort of torque and kw atw does it generate? Anyone got dyno charts on them?

wynode
15-04-2005, 11:20 PM
can't believe we are arguing about this. A vti will Sh8T all over an Si?? hahahaha - what by 1/1000 of a second?? LOL...

mate they are both EG's with two similar engines - you are going to mod it i assume, so just find a cheap one of EITHER and buy it, they will BOTH put a smile on your face.
True that!

Vti has a better interior and sunroof though so a bit of *bling* there.

Si i'd say has a bit more torque though down low, althought the vti is better on fuel.

TYPE-ONE
15-04-2005, 11:47 PM
I got an Si. Pretty orite. But Id Rather the Vti. Even though its 3rd Gear Acceleration is shit. Onli Becoz of its nice sunroof and Interior Trim. ahha

sivic
17-04-2005, 12:14 AM
haha. both have crap 3rd gear acceleration. needs to be shorter.

i'm an Si man but i will admit that a Vti is far easier to go about modifying cos there are plenty more aftermarket parts for them - cams, valve springs. even headers are easier to get.
but i prefer feel of DOHC. seem to get through the revs a bit quicker up high

n/a
17-04-2005, 01:18 AM
my look of the 2 cars is that same sh*t just one has a SOHC Vtec and the other DOHC no-vtec. go about the same, petrol consumption just about the same.

i'm sure Vti's WOULD have been better brand new, but majority have way too high k's which kills the Vtec kick. So 13ish years down the track i'll buy a Si.

But then again the sunroof is very tempting.. but then again it is a SOHC..

No offense to SOHC owners, my Accord has a SOHC too :P

z3lda
17-04-2005, 01:21 AM
si comes with sunny

Lukezen27
17-04-2005, 12:17 PM
my look of the 2 cars is that same sh*t just one has a SOHC Vtec and the other DOHC no-vtec. go about the same, petrol consumption just about the same.

i'm sure Vti's WOULD have been better brand new, but majority have way too high k's which kills the Vtec kick. So 13ish years down the track i'll buy a Si.

But then again the sunroof is very tempting.. but then again it is a SOHC..

No offense to SOHC owners, my Accord has a SOHC too :P

Why dose high k's kill the Vtec kick-in?

So info to backup your statement plz!!!!!!!

If thats true, lucky my VTi is still under the 100.00K mark, only by 800K's tho heheh

Cheer's Luke