PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Brembo Rotors from Heeltoeauto?

skyichigo
25-05-2012, 07:30 PM
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/brembo-front-brake-rotor-pair-04-08-cl9-tsx-cl7-accord-euror-45251s0x002.html

Included shipping to VIC 179$ + 129$ = 308$ is it cheap? or should I just go with this :
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ACCORD-CH-2-4-3-0-V6-euro-03-on-Front-Slot-Rotors-/280770928415?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415f405f1f#ht_2007wt_944

Was thinking to changed mine since it starts squeking and squeeling sometimes.. Damn Winter!

Symphorced
25-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Are you planning to use it for track? Few people have had RDA rotors crack...

skyichigo
25-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Not for track only for daily use. But the differences is only like $50, and Brembo has more "brand quality" compared to RDA. how is Brembo quality? or is there any cheaper OEM for daily use?

ChaosMaster
25-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Brembo is a good brand, but depends on what your getting. It's the same with everything, e.g. just because a CPU is made by Intel, doesn't mean it's gonna be good. The Atom is absolute crap. If you go DBA, I reckon for around the amount your paying, you could prob get slotted rotors, or perhaps bigger ones.

skyichigo
25-05-2012, 08:27 PM
what else is my option between these 2 brands like DBA? or Bendix?

ChaosMaster
25-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Simple question. Wouldn't the squeek or squeel normally be due to the pads? Why you targeting your rotors?

skyichigo
25-05-2012, 08:38 PM
cause I have just replaced the pads to new one 2 months ago less than 2000kms.. and when I read this :

Vibration (Steering wheel or vehicle).
There is a vibration in the pedal, steering or entire vehicle when you apply the brakes.
This can indicate problems with the brake drum or rotor, a faulty steering mechanism, or other loose component. These conditions all affect the handling of your vehicle.

Sometimes when I brake, the steering does kind of vibrate (moving to left and right a bit).

ChaosMaster
25-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Ok, fair enough. Another question would be are you sure it's your rear brakes? Don't think the rears would vibrate enough to affect the steering. DBA and Bendix are both decent brands. Although I always though DBA for Rotors and Bendix for pads... not sure why. Bendix has a trader on our forum though, so you could prob PM him and get a good price.

Fredoops
25-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Try amazon instead. They got EBC made in UK slotted for that price iirc.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/compatibility-chart/B001C8YSUM/ref=au_pf_dp_chart?ie=UTF8&Make=Acura|58&Model=TSX|2414&Year=2004|2004&carId=001
Shipping is about $50
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41wZPD3c8vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Heeltoe shipping is a bitch...
Plain brembos are just that... Plain Jane rotors

cause I have just replaced the pads to new one 2 months ago less than 2000kms.. and when I read this :

Vibration (Steering wheel or vehicle).
There is a vibration in the pedal, steering or entire vehicle when you apply the brakes.
This can indicate problems with the brake drum or rotor, a faulty steering mechanism, or other loose component. These conditions all affect the handling of your vehicle.

Sometimes when I brake, the steering does kind of vibrate (moving to left and right a bit).

maybe you need to machine your rotors? or are they completely wrapped?

skyichigo
25-05-2012, 09:08 PM
LOL the link I posted is for the front.. I am after front one. Rear one is fine, I pro'lly just changed its' pads.

Fredoops
25-05-2012, 09:11 PM
LOL the link I posted is for the front.. I am after front one. Rear one is fine, I pro'lly just changed its' pads.

PS: Slotted rotors look cool.

I got slotted and dimpled on mine.... bit of a wank... but for $270 front AND rear shipped I cant complain lol

skyichigo
25-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Try amazon instead. They got EBC made in UK slotted for that price iirc.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/compatibility-chart/B001C8YSUM/ref=au_pf_dp_chart?ie=UTF8&Make=Acura|58&Model=TSX|2414&Year=2004|2004&carId=001
Shipping is about $50
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41wZPD3c8vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Heeltoe shipping is a bitch...
Plain brembos are just that... Plain Jane rotors

maybe you need to machine your rotors? or are they completely wrapped?

Not completely wrapped, was just thinking to change them cause the noise, got a tyre shop looked at it yesterday before installing my new wheels , and the guy said everything is fine. As soon as I driven away, that sounds came back.. hate that squealing noise .. BTW, some people reckon just go new rotors.. how much for machining a rotor cost?

skyichigo
25-05-2012, 09:13 PM

I got slotted and dimpled on mine.... bit of a wank... but for $270 front AND rear shipped I cant complain lol

and so I can just use Acura TSX 2005 as "model guide"? since I can't found CL9 in their search engine

Fredoops
25-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Not completely wrapped, was just thinking to change them cause the noise, got a tyre shop looked at it yesterday before installing my new wheels , and the guy said everything is fine. As soon as I driven away, that sounds came back.. hate that squealing noise .. BTW, some people reckon just go new rotors.. how much for machining a rotor cost?

$15 a corner is the usual rate

they do take a few MM off ur rotor tho so it kinda reduces rotor life.

marquee
25-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Slotted rotors are louder then normal rotors. But they do look cool.

If just for daily and if its cheaper Brembo blanks will be fine.

ergot
25-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I would recommend DBA 4000. top stuff 400 delivered

skyichigo
25-05-2012, 09:49 PM

what brand do you use freedops?

Fredoops
25-05-2012, 09:57 PM
what brand do you use freedops?

88 rotors

but the hubs arent painted so they rust

so if I were you id get the EBC

BigBen
26-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Brembo is a good brand, but depends on what your getting. It's the same with everything, e.g. just because a CPU is made by Intel, doesn't mean it's gonna be good. The Atom is absolute crap. If you go DBA, I reckon for around the amount your paying, you could prob get slotted rotors, or perhaps bigger ones.

Your example of the Atom processor is flawed. The Atom processor is perfect for the intended application. BTW - we use the Atom processor to run the intelligence for 12 axis high speed, high accuracy robotic arms, CNC and welding machines all day everyday. we can drive motors with an accuracy of 25 bit resolution which basically means we can control 24 million steps for 1 revolution of a motor (360 deg). That's f*cking accurate from just a Atom processor.

Are you planning to change your calipers? or are they the stock one? If you want smooth, OEM feel of the brake operations for everyday use get the stock Honda ones. Track use will be a difference story.

Speaking from experience I've use DBA slotted rotors on a mild boosted Supra TT and found them to pulse after spirited driving and a little grabby when cold. I sold them and got the OEM Toyota ones and didn't have the pulsing issue. The Supra TT calipers are 4 piston calipers and are easy to change pads and do overhauls on them.

ChaosMaster
26-05-2012, 11:16 AM
@Ben, the Atom is flawed as a processor. I'm not saying that it doesn't have the power to do basic calculations, but it is a rebadged P4, and AMD's fusion totally kills it. It's like saying Honda releases a 5ltr V8 VTEC that makes 150kw at fly, it still works just fine for day to day, but that kind of output is crap compared to today standards. You can't really argue that it's efficient either, as the Sandy Bridge i3's use only 25w during video playback vs 18w for the atom (which I might add struggles badly with 720p, much less 1080p), but do note that the i3 is easily 10x faster.

On topic though, I'm surprised teh DBA rotors made the brakes more grabby when cold. I thought that'ld be more dependent on the pads. Had slotted DBA on my dad's Evo8 though, didn't notice it or the pulsing. Was it like having the ABS active or something?

Fredoops
26-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Your example of the Atom processor is flawed. The Atom processor is perfect for the intended application. BTW - we use the Atom processor to run the intelligence for 12 axis high speed, high accuracy robotic arms, CNC and welding machines all day everyday. we can drive motors with an accuracy of 25 bit resolution which basically means we can control 24 million steps for 1 revolution of a motor (360 deg). That's f*cking accurate from just a Atom processor.

Are you planning to change your calipers? or are they the stock one? If you want smooth, OEM feel of the brake operations for everyday use get the stock Honda ones. Track use will be a difference story.

Speaking from experience I've use DBA slotted rotors on a mild boosted Supra TT and found them to pulse after spirited driving and a little grabby when cold. I sold them and got the OEM Toyota ones and didn't have the pulsing issue. The Supra TT calipers are 4 piston calipers and are easy to change pads and do overhauls on them.

CPU aside.

The brembo blanks are made in china to Oe spec.

Not worth it when you could get British made EBC slotted fr $20 or so more with painted central hub

sensei_
26-05-2012, 11:56 AM
and so I can just use Acura TSX 2005 as "model guide"? since I can't found CL9 in their search engine

i would have no problems with that.

i use an acura 3.5RL service manual on my legend, it gives me a rough idea of what to do, and how to go about it.