PDA

View Full Version : problemo with suspension after coilovers put in?

ouch
27-05-2012, 01:26 AM
hey guys,

got my coilovers in and found that my steering wheel is off centre. if i put the steering wheel straight i veer to the left. my endlinks are adjustable so maybe they're not the same length? also, theres clunking noises when i drive, sometimes more noticeable than other times. just doesnt sound right. someone help me out?

cheers.

charliebrown
27-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Get a wheel alignment?

As for the clunking, recheck all the bolts and torque them to specs with load on the suspension?

DreadAngel
27-05-2012, 01:30 AM
When you change suspension components, always get a wheel alignment =)

As for the clunking noises, are you using factory rubber upper mounts or using the solid/pillowball top mounts? Cause a lot of the time, people don't realise that the clunking noises coming from the solid top mounts banging on the top mount of the chassis

ouch
27-05-2012, 01:41 AM
im using factory rubber mounts. i wouldnt have thought they would cause a problem? my coilovers dont have damper settings either...

but wheel alignment it is! any suggestions as to where i should go? how much will i be looking for to adjust those endlinks etc etc/

DreadAngel
27-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Ahhh if you're using Factory Rubber Top mounts then you're fine... Some people forget or don't know about the coilovers they put in have solid upper mounts so basically instead of rubber on metal, its metal on metal giving you the clunking sounds at times.

Depending where you're located... PM Senna on here or contact Heasman, Road and Race, Spinning Wheel Tyres, East Coast Suspension =)

Jccck
28-05-2012, 12:12 PM
When you change suspension components, always get a wheel alignment =)

Definantly!
Hell, any time you unbolt a critical suspension component (Even if you put that same part back in)
Get the wheel alignment anyway.. You'd be amazed how much they can change!