PDA

View Full Version : poor amp & speaker choice?

Fr3aKi3
06-03-2005, 10:00 PM
hey guyz

I just need some advice/help with my poor :( audio setup, equipment is as follows:

HU: Kenwood KRC-888 with 10 disc stacker
Front speakers: 6" Pioneer's off some ford....
Rear speakers: Pioneer 6x9's TS-A6960E
Amp: Kenwood KAC-6401 (4-channel 320W)

the setup is like this, the fronts are running from the HU. I've used RCA cables to connect the amp to the HU and the supplied wires were used for the 6x9's to connect to the amp.

My problem is wen i turn the volume up i get good bass but the treble is a bit too harsh n i've already tried different adjustments on the amp as well as the HU but still no luck. At low-moderate volumes the treble is ok but the bass is lacking. Any ideas abt this or is it simply just coz the speakers are crummy n i should go n get myself a set of Infinity 6x9's?

Any help/info would be great, thanx.

PS: Don't really want to get a sub

Cheers

micka
07-03-2005, 08:13 AM
At the moment is your amp only powering the 6x9s? IMO you should probably ditch the fronts and replace them with something better (go to some shops listen to plenty of speaker and buy what ever sounds best in your price range). Then either bridge (if your amp id bridgable) your amp stereo to power the fronts and have the 6x9s running off the head; or use your amp in 4 chan mode and amp both the fronts and rears. Personally i'd just amp the fronts.

Fr3aKi3
07-03-2005, 11:07 AM
thanx for the reply

yeah right now i'm only using the amp to power the 6x9sand its bridged. I've tried running them directly from HU but they don't have much bass, Initially i thought i got the polarities mixed up but switched them around n no difference...

I was planning on getting a set of Infinity Kappa62.5I as well as Infinity Kappa693.5I, any opinions on these speakers? Personally they sounded great to me. Would the amp i currently have be enough to power all those speakers?

J-MuN
15-03-2005, 09:32 PM
how bout changin ur amp?.. Kenwood make good HU but IMO brands suchas Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony dont really make worthwhile speakers and amplifiers, nor subs.. i'd rather opt for brands that only concentrate on makin speakers subs n amps... big brands suchas sony and pioneer etc make EVERYTHING.. so they mass produce meaning they do not spend much time and effort on creating speakers, amps and subs... but its just my opinion.. :)