PDA

View Full Version : whiteline caster bolt install

Alexplicit
29-05-2012, 07:08 PM
hey guys, completely forgot i had these in the shed!!

and wanted to install them but... i have no idea where to start has anyone here done it?

ill try and make a job out of it tomorrow if i can do it all here :)

also, how much castor do you guys run, ive been told run as much as possible.

Alexplicit
31-05-2012, 06:56 PM
no one is using caster bolts?

senna
31-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Here's the instructions mate

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/install_guides/Z158.pdf

Don't run too much as your toe setting can be thrown out and camber is also reduced

Alexplicit
31-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Legend :d

lil_foy
01-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Personally I removed my whiteline kit that came with the car, im not a fan of the design of it.

liberx
01-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm running them - had them fitted at the same time as other mods. Whiteline claim a huge gain in castor is possible, but I found the result to be very moderate, like +1 - 1.5 deg castor max. Not the most effective way to add castor, but I haven't had issues to speak of.

bennjamin
02-06-2012, 10:20 AM
A couple of things -

You need to press out and in the old bolt and replace it with a longer whiteline bOlt - not a DIY job !
Secondly , I had this kit in an old eg and did like the results , didn't last too long as the bolt on one side sheared ( due to typical whiteline under rated bolt tensile strength)

You can get a slight dynamic effect of increased caster by swapping the upper control arms L for R ( on eg, dc and Eks I believe.)

Whiteline
08-06-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm running them - had them fitted at the same time as other mods. Whiteline claim a huge gain in castor is possible, but I found the result to be very moderate, like +1 - 1.5 deg castor max. Not the most effective way to add castor, but I haven't had issues to speak of.

We have found we could gain allot more than you have said so we are unsure why it was different on your car we have done a few of these.

As Senna said above who I think is from Wholesale who also fit many of these you can actually gain to much and start to lose camber so to us that would mean more than what you described .....Contact us if you feel that is all you can get and maybe we can help you and gain more if needed support@whiteline.com.au