PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] WEL09 build in progress!

05accordeuro
03-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this forum, and I would like to show you all my '05 CL9. At the moment it is stock standard, except for a minor exhaust modification. Over the coming months I plan to carry out suspension, body, exhaust, brakes and wheels/tyres modifications, accompanied by pictures and step by step instructions.

This is how my car sits today.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1188/screenshot20120603at121.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/screenshot20120603at121.png/)

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8401/screenshot20120603at123.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/screenshot20120603at123.png/)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8401/screenshot20120603at123.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/screenshot20120603at123.png/)

The first thing I plan to accomplish is the wheels and tyres. I have purchased a set of 18" wheels through a mate which I plan to use in the mean time, until I buy a set of decent Jap wheels.

Here is a picture of the wheels, and also up against the car so you get an idea as to what they will look like. (note: the reason they aren't on the car yet is because the tyres on them a rooted, and I am waiting to pick up a set of Federal 595's for them)

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7493/img1152aw.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7551/img1153je.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/img1153je.jpg/)\

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5180/img1154bl.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/img1154bl.jpg/)

Here is a list containing every single part I will be buying for my car;

HT-Spec VERSION 2.0 Coilover Damper Kit (w/ front and rear camber kits)
Mugen Short Shifter
HT-Spec Brake Package - Stage 4
Mugen Front Grille
Honda Accord EuroR Lip Kit
Injen CAI
Weapon-R Race Headers

I can't guarantee they will all be done in said order, but I will be sure to let you guys know. And of course, pictures and all will be provided.

Cheers guys.

Ando.L
03-06-2012, 10:46 PM
looking forward to see the progress pics =]

05accordeuro
04-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Sweet as mate, thank you!

ChaosMaster
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Nice, looking forward to seeing the Lip kit and brakes, lolz.

tonysalib
04-06-2012, 01:01 PM
good luck with the build

05accordeuro
04-06-2012, 03:19 PM
ChaosMaster, got doubts?

Thanks guys.

ChaosMaster
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Lolz, nah, just wanna see it before I jump in myself. Lolz

Fredoops
04-06-2012, 06:08 PM
ChaosMaster, got doubts?

Thanks guys.

BBK (even if it is oem sized) is overkill on the euro considering your list of performance mods, upgrade the rotors and pad should be more than sufficient.

You getting any chassis mods? Like strut bars

Ps: MingZai on the forums is selling a set of WPR headers with cat welded already

05accordeuro
04-06-2012, 09:56 PM
BBK (even if it is oem sized) is overkill on the euro considering your list of performance mods, upgrade the rotors and pad should be more than sufficient.

You getting any chassis mods? Like strut bars

Ps: MingZai on the forums is selling a set of WPR headers with cat welded already

You think so? Who makes a decent set of pads and rotors for the Euro?

I will be chucking an RSB in it, but apart from that I haven't really explored much in the chassis department.

Oh cool. I'll keep that in mind! Cheers mate.

Fredoops
04-06-2012, 10:11 PM
You think so? Who makes a decent set of pads and rotors for the Euro?

I will be chucking an RSB in it, but apart from that I haven't really explored much in the chassis department.

Oh cool. I'll keep that in mind! Cheers mate.

if you are buying off US (amazon or something), Hawk HPS brake pads are good, and EBC makes some nice slotted rotors

if you are buying locally, DBA makes osm decent rotors

as to chassis, the usual RSB, then tower bar, and if you're feeling rich, lower front strut as well.

PS: watch the weight of your rims.... any performance mod you do can easily be wiped off by heavy wheels.

MingZai
05-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Yes pretty much what Freddy is saying :)

Nice car btw SILVER LIKE ME :D

If you are after a Euro R lip kit I can certainly look after you in that department... just pm me and I can try source things for you.

Freddy is right on all departments... there is certainly no need for BBK but if you are there is an endless set on the forum (best ones you can find).

I tracked my vehicle and all I used was some good brake pads (Project Mu HC+) and that was it.

AT MOST if you must you can get some slotted rotors but that's about it in regards to the braking department.

Exhaust if you want most power go for a single titanium exhaust but watch your fuel mileage go down hill or go for Skunk 2 which is loud... otherwise just get some nice looking mufflers for your exhaust.

The most worthwhile mod would be the headers with a hi flow cat (which I happen to be selling) + a CAI for some nice induction sound but don't expect too much performance from that.

You seem to be going down my spec / path but with more USDM in it haha but yes your sort of on the right track and Freds right about the wheels too....

Fredoops
05-06-2012, 12:13 AM
^^^^

Don't you know I'm always right :-P

ChaosMaster
05-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Lolz, I personally would just go for a BBK or more specifically a bigger rotor for the rears. The OEM size just look too small, especially with 18's or bigger. Nothing to do with the performance though, just purely for visual reasons.

One thing I don't get is how Titanium specifically would affect one's fuel consumption?

MingZai
05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
that was in relation to the single exhaust part not titanium ;)

05accordeuro
05-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Yes pretty much what Freddy is saying :)

Nice car btw SILVER LIKE ME :D

If you are after a Euro R lip kit I can certainly look after you in that department... just pm me and I can try source things for you.

Freddy is right on all departments... there is certainly no need for BBK but if you are there is an endless set on the forum (best ones you can find).

I tracked my vehicle and all I used was some good brake pads (Project Mu HC+) and that was it.

AT MOST if you must you can get some slotted rotors but that's about it in regards to the braking department.

Exhaust if you want most power go for a single titanium exhaust but watch your fuel mileage go down hill or go for Skunk 2 which is loud... otherwise just get some nice looking mufflers for your exhaust.

The most worthwhile mod would be the headers with a hi flow cat (which I happen to be selling) + a CAI for some nice induction sound but don't expect too much performance from that.

You seem to be going down my spec / path but with more USDM in it haha but yes your sort of on the right track and Freds right about the wheels too....

Sweet as mate, I will keep all of those things in mind! Especially with regards to the lip kit!

What brand CAI would you recommend?

Thank you all for being so helpful, this is is the first forum i've been on where people actually help others out haha.

Fredoops
05-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Sweet as mate, I will keep all of those things in mind! Especially with regards to the lip kit!

What brand CAI would you recommend?

Thank you all for being so helpful, this is is the first forum i've been on where people actually help others out haha.
Injen for sound and top end power
CT-Engineering icebox for low-mid range and safety from hydrolocking.

Between me, mingzai, marquee, chaosmaster, we've made loads of threads about where to start modding.

like what aarong et al did half a decade ago!

MingZai
06-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Dammit stupid Fred beat me lmao

Yes what he said "again =.=" but the whole fear of hydrolocking... it's very very hard for it to happen but then again looking at the weather for Qld and Brisbane you never know.

Pretty much the positioning of the filter on the car it is very hard to have contact with external water as it is hiding behind the front bumper and is enclosed behind the mud guard as well.

I drove around with the CAI with over 3 cm of water and drove it pretty hard as well and had no problem.

I suggest Injen CAI due to personal experiences with it and bling bling factor in your engine bay but there is certainly nothing wrong with Comptech Engineer Icebox.

I currently run the J's Racing Carbon Fibre Intake.

ChaosMaster
07-06-2012, 05:59 PM
With Injen CAI, you could always change it to an SRI mode, or half it's length and have the pod in the engine bay behind the battery instead of behind the front bumper. Alternatively you could get a protective film for it for a bit extra, to protect it from hydrolocking. No idea what the roads are like in QLD, but in Vic, there are quiet a few area's where the puddles do get a bit deep (a few cm). Australia does have the worse roads in the world.

The cause of hydrolocking doesn't just have to be going through deep puddles, a big slash could have the same effect. Depends on luck and situation I guess. J's Racing CF Intake is awesome, I'm looking at getting one myself, but it's expensive as, being J's Racing and CF and all. Injen is a nice option, bling factor too, will fail to meet modding laws in some states (actually, I think only Vic doens't allow open filters cos they're anal, but double check this). Comptech has a decent rep, and is a sleeper mod, but if it were me, I'ld just remove the resonator, you get 90% of the result anyway.

SuperCOW
08-06-2012, 12:23 PM
in Victoria you are allow to have a open filter but it has to be secure down unless they have changed the Roadworthy rules again.

ChaosMaster
08-06-2012, 10:14 PM
in Victoria you are allow to have a open filter but it has to be secure down unless they have changed the Roadworthy rules again.

Ah really, last I checked (a few months ago) it seemed to ban all open filters. Then again, I struggled to find much info on it. Then again, no Cop is gonna check a CL9 for mods.... unless you drop it and wear too much camber.

Fredoops
08-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Ah really, last I checked (a few months ago) it seemed to ban all open filters. Then again, I struggled to find much info on it. Then again, no Cop is gonna check a CL9 for mods.... unless you drop it and wear too much camber.

Bobby *cough*

kristrifo
09-06-2012, 12:09 PM
if youre gona do an aftermarket sound system ill give you a few pointers

ive spent wayyyy too much money on mine and have learnt about all the dramas you can get with installing one lol

ergot
10-06-2012, 12:09 AM
if youre gona do an aftermarket sound system ill give you a few pointers

ive spent wayyyy too much money on mine and have learnt about all the dramas you can get with installing one lol

Let me guess.. Using oem headunit instead of aftermarket HU

kristrifo
10-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Let me guess.. Using oem headunit instead of aftermarket HU

from frying an alternator to using different Hi/Low convertors, to frying eq cross overs, new batteries, different head decks, frying speakers, everything lol

not to mention the endless hours ive spent researching speakers

richard_k
17-06-2012, 07:53 PM
i've got the euro r prefacelift front and rear lips sitting in the garage at home if you're interested? :)