PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums. SAU member interested in the world of Honda's

EJ1
04-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Hello fellow Honda enthusiasts,

My name's Chris I'm turning 21 this year and have recently been interested/intrigued by Honda's even more. Always had a love and passion for them but until just recently I have decided I'm coming over to the dark side of the world of Honda's.

Previous cars which I have owned include... Mazda RX-7 series 3 limited, Series 2 Nissan Skyline R33 gts-t and my current car being a rare factory manual series 2 Nissan Stagea rs four s with some very rare factory options including colour.

Come from a very knowledgeable background on cars and motors in particular Nissan RB turbocharged. Alot of my friends think I'am crazy for wanting a front wheel drive Honda as opposed to a All wheel drive Nissan with GT-R running gear and internals. In my opinion it's great to be different and everybody needs a bit of a change every now and again.

More so interested in the B series of motors currently (B16A2) and have brainstormed some ideas of turbocharging the motor down the track aswell as researching and playing around a little with the B16A2 motor in general. Currently looking for an EM1 Civic coupe vti-r to possibly trade with my Stagea with some sort of cash adjustment my way.

Cannot wait until I own one and am driving around in it very interested in learning as much as I can to further expand my knowledge on these motors and cars in general. Looking forwards to seeing more of everyone around the forums. :wave:

Best regards Chris.

mocchi
04-06-2012, 09:09 AM
welcome abourd chris
be sure to check out DIY and sticky sections for general info

let us know if you need any help

http://i.picasion.com/pic51/0c478a5b87102d3700fa683784d58838.gif

EJ1
04-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks appreciate the help and the courtesy/friendliness of fellow enthusiasts on the forum. Seems like a good base foundation to get my knowledge expanded.

GSi_PSi
04-06-2012, 09:29 AM
welcome abrowed

Looks like some good plans, if your coming from a turbo charged background i will warn you about the B16a's lack of torque, its painfully anooying
but nothing a decent turbocharger cant fix

enjoy your stay

EJ1
04-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Thankyou looking forward to seeing more of everyone around the forums. In terms of becoming a member on ozhonda what kind of fees and paperwork is involved?

IEVAQ8
04-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Welcome & very smart move with the honda...
When u decide to turbo charge...make sure u look in the states for a quality stainless sreem pipe manifold & nnothing smaller than a gt30...

EJ1
04-06-2012, 10:07 AM
That's correct I'am aware of the steam pipe manifolds they are spoken of very highly on Skylines Australia. I believe the company of 6boost produces them not sure regarding availability for the B16A2.

IEVAQ8
04-06-2012, 10:32 AM
For a b-series...look at full race, afi, peak boost
spoolin performance..thats just a few

EJ1
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Sweet thanks heaps appreciate the information!

void-
04-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Thankyou looking forward to seeing more of everyone around the forums. In terms of becoming a member on ozhonda what kind of fees and paperwork is involved?

no fees no paper..

make valid and useful posts in the forums.. get reped by your follow comrades... becomes a green block gangsta

EJ1
04-06-2012, 12:18 PM
No worries cheers I'll contribute to the best of my ability where required. :)

EJ1
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
@ Void- Why on earth would you give me bad reputation (red) by saying "pathetic chris" What the **** is so pathetic about this thread I'm introducing myself you moron!

void-
04-06-2012, 12:47 PM
i accidently clicked disapprove my bad champ

speak with mods now to remove that if they can

cheers

welcome

EJ1
04-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Sure you did... Is that why you wrote "pathetic chris" as the reputation comment? You seem like a complete ****wit and liar!

Anyway's I'm not here to troll or debate unlike you so I'm not going to worry about 1 stupid fool who gives me some bad reputation points. Have a good one and enjoy your sad life. :thumbsup:

Zilli
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Let it go dude. IM having it removed. Enjoy your stay

EJ1
04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Cheers Zilli and I apologise for the hassle..

Indie
13-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Sure you did... Is that why you wrote "pathetic chris" as the reputation comment? You seem like a complete ****wit and liar!

Anyway's I'm not here to troll or debate unlike you so I'm not going to worry about 1 stupid fool who gives me some bad reputation points. Have a good one and enjoy your sad life. :thumbsup:So this is why you're sending me argumentative PMs regarding one bad reputation point?

You're a hypocrite. There's a reason you're rubbing people the wrong way. Stop picking fights with people, while acting like such a 'nice guy'.

EJ1
13-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Rubbing people the wrong way? So when I ask on how to advance to a members criteria from newcomer that gives you a valid reason to give me bad reputation.. I will accept responsibility for something which deserves negative reputation points but when given them unfairly I will stand up for myself.

This whole system is ridiculous if you ask me honestly cause it gives people like you the opportunity to give them out unfairly which started the personal messages to you in the first place.

Like I said if you want to send them to me unfairly expect to receive them back no need to kick up a big stink and harass my every post on this website...

Tommei
13-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I never looked at myself as a Honda fan but recently become the owner of a DA Integra, my first honda. All my other cars are RWD and my project car is a Cressida running 2jz.

Hondas are actually very good fwd cars to drive. The dash components dont feel out of place like some other cars. I like how the aftermarket is huge for Hondas, especially in the US. For me its like taking a break from custom modifications, which can become a real wallet denter.

EJ1
13-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks looking forwards to picking up my EM1 it's going to be a bit of a big leap going from a rb motor to a front wheel drive n/a but I'm sure it will grow on me rapidly.

When for a test drive in a EM1 and can honestly say I like the feel alot more then my Stagea.