PDA

View Full Version : Just got my CU2. Now where do I start?

epik_3f
05-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi guys.. After years with my Jeep JK Wrangler, I traded it in for a new Honda CU2 last week. Am very happy with it and will never regret selling my Wrangler for it. Now I modified my Wrangler quit a bit, and am looking to get started with my CU2. I have a spare $1500 after the sale of my Wrangler and am wondering where do I get started?

For the time being I am quite happy with the look of it and am taking of going performance, and getting a bit more out of my car. Any ideas?

Also I am looking to get this for my CU2. It appealed to me due to the fact it supports the original air conditioning temperature controls.

http://www.smartauto24.com/honda-spirior-dvd-gps-radio-navi-system-show-aircon-temp-8-inch-touch-screen.html

What do you guys think about this?

ericl33
05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
brand new car?

I would enjoy it for @ least 6 months before mods.

but that's just me.

DreadAngel
05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
You might want to specify if you've got auto or manual, what spec [Luxury, Base, etc]...

It helps us to determine what might be beneficial for you :)

epik_3f
05-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Sorry.. its a auto luxury..

I CU2
05-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Mugen, Type R badges + transformer sticks.

XB-16-AX
05-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Mugen, Type R badges + transformer sticks.

Autobots or decepticons?

EKVTIR-T
05-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Congrats on the car but you bought an auto accord for performance?

Nothing you do for $1500 is going to make much of a difference,I would do as above and leave it for a while,get that screen if you wish and after you've lived with the car a while and read through what people here have done and the results are you can make a more informed choice on what to change or add etc.

Rap-Rap
05-06-2012, 10:20 PM
get some new rims :) me id go with a nice of 20's :p keep us posted on what you get up to with your euro! i had a look at the unit you wanted to buy, makes me wanna buy one for my euro now lol. :D

I CU2
05-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Autobots yo

minircc
05-06-2012, 10:47 PM
improve the breathing? get an exhaust and air filter

euRo_noob
06-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Some performance things that are out at the moment for the CU2 are:

Short ram/Cold air intake
Fujitsubo exhaust system/Custom exhaust system/Mugen even?
RV6 Pre-cat delete
Flashpro

That's all I can think of at the moment. I guess an Auto isn't that bad, he could use the S mode but yeah, not much you can do with $1,500. You could just start off with what minircc mentioned, air filter/intake or save up a few more hundred and get a Fujitsubo Legalis R.

denot
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Save the money for petrol and some detailing kit. The CU2 Lux is already good as it is :)

Vaku
06-06-2012, 10:18 PM
suspension
rims
LED lights
simple mods - gloss pillar covers/OEM skirts etc

just keep it nice I guess.

that head unit you linked to is pretty tempting though.. hmm..

natnat
06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
OptiCoat?

The CU2 paint is soffftt... ;-)

K&N panel filter or Injen CAI?

LED interior lights, plate LED lights, car care products?

Sex spec 20" bling bling Tempe wheels and Nankang tyres? ;P

Save the money

Neilz
06-06-2012, 11:21 PM
one of the idiot honda salesperson tells me the paint ' weak' cause of the lack of attention on the cu2 and that because the oz sun is stronger it will have a tendancy to fade out or bake quicker then the previous honda models.

Kay_lee
06-06-2012, 11:46 PM
with 1.5k get some coils :)

redseven
07-06-2012, 12:22 AM
If you're stuck with the auto (like me), there's not much you can do to get more performance... the K24 doesn't have much torque compared to smaller turbo engines and the manual's gearing seems to be better matched to make the most of the top-end power.

CAI would improve the sound and increase power a tiny bit. A full exhaust system with new headers, cats and piping could make more power and make the engine sound even better, but don't expect big gains. Frankly it's a pain tuning these NA cars compared to turbo cars which immediately benefit from chipping, a less restrictive intake and exhaust system.

I was thinking of getting a similar nav system but I freaked out when the local installer messed up my xenon kit, no way in hell was he gonna touch the internal electricals ;) It's some local China brand so don't expect OEM quality. It splices into the CANBUS system to allow climate control display. The DVD player unit goes in the empty space in front of the shifter, like the original factory installed Navi system. Do Kenwood or Pioneer make an aftermarket unit that fits?

MR_LATE
07-06-2012, 01:07 AM
if it touch screen, have fun reaching for it

HunterZero
07-06-2012, 10:35 AM
one of the idiot honda salesperson tells me the paint ' weak' cause of the lack of attention on the cu2 and that because the oz sun is stronger it will have a tendancy to fade out or bake quicker then the previous honda models.

Was this while they were trying to sell you paint protection? It's only the Milano Red colour that goes chalky if it is parked outside all the time, and paint protection doesn't really do much to stop that. Get a colour other than red. The Honda paint is pretty soft though, just need to use a good sealant (you can apply yourself and save hundreds) and take care when washing it (all microfibre).

- HZ

HunterZero
07-06-2012, 10:37 AM
improve the breathing? get an exhaust and air filter

This won't do much at all performance-wise. Changing the exhaust will just change the sound of the car to be more fart-like. You need an ECU reflash to get any performance benefit, but it won't be great since as said before this is a non-turbo car. The stock exhaust is already quite good.

+1 for enjoy it stock.

- HZ

pitiek
07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Get a new set of rims and dump it.
Shotgun on your stock lux rims..!!
Where are you located?

limboy91
09-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Recently i just bought a new honda accord euro build 2012 MY 13.. I got myself genuine Modulo skirt, aero rear bumper, ducktail spoiler, tinting (darkest legal tint), tinted windows visor, as well as sill garnish at the side of the doors. They are all from dealer itself when i collect the car.
Pitiek, do u want the 18" stock rims? im selling it as im putting on probably a new 19" rims soon ordered from jdmconcept. located in melbourne

limboy91
09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
besides does anyone know any Takeda air filter that fits my model? its euro 2012 MY 13... appreciate it.

Fredoops
09-06-2012, 09:17 PM
besides does anyone know any Takeda air filter that fits my model? its euro 2012 MY 13... appreciate it.

my13 is the same as my10 as far as CAI is concerned, there no structure change

limboy91
09-06-2012, 09:38 PM
are u sure?... because i'm gonna order it online and fit it myself. So u saying that my13 will be same structure as my10 - my12?

limboy91
09-06-2012, 09:39 PM
one more question tho, does OEM front under spoiler for MY11 fits onto MY13? because since MY12 or MY13, OEM has stop producing front under spoiler. sad.. but it js comes with whole front aero bumper.

cheapdouchebag
09-06-2012, 10:47 PM
+1 to just drive it stock.
for the price you pay theres not much really u can top it off performance wise. if ur anal about sound quality perhaps upgrade that with ur 1.5k as i know a minute percentage of people disklike the sound quality.

1six8
13-06-2012, 07:56 PM
coilovers / rear sway bar / air intake & exhaust together without touching the ecu of the car would generally improve the performance and handling of the car overall.

others are generally aesthetic only....

s/c and t/c seems to be only available overseas in US and Russia. There is also the powerchip ecu upgrade and the flashpro that euro_noob mention.

for $1500 coilovers or exhaust / air intake

MR_LATE
13-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Hmm rsb + coils first me thinks

lowr1d3r
01-08-2012, 04:37 PM
i would spray the grill black or wrap it matte black but keep the outside bracket silver, get the red honda badge for both front and back, change all the lights (license plate light, parkers, dome lights) to SMD white, tint rear lights

dirlok
03-08-2012, 04:33 PM
mugen, type r badges + transformer sticks.

lol!!

CU2CU2
04-08-2012, 12:00 AM
tinting

anpig
06-08-2012, 07:25 PM
coiiilllsss!

vin021079
10-10-2012, 02:00 PM
If you're stuck with the auto (like me), there's not much you can do to get more performance... the K24 doesn't have much torque compared to smaller turbo engines and the manual's gearing seems to be better matched to make the most of the top-end power.

CAI would improve the sound and increase power a tiny bit. A full exhaust system with new headers, cats and piping could make more power and make the engine sound even better, but don't expect big gains. Frankly it's a pain tuning these NA cars compared to turbo cars which immediately benefit from chipping, a less restrictive intake and exhaust system.

I was thinking of getting a similar nav system but I freaked out when the local installer messed up my xenon kit, no way in hell was he gonna touch the internal electricals ;) It's some local China brand so don't expect OEM quality. It splices into the CANBUS system to allow climate control display. The DVD player unit goes in the empty space in front of the shifter, like the original factory installed Navi system. Do Kenwood or Pioneer make an aftermarket unit that fits?

i've done my Euro Lux MY13 without any problem.

nesterjester
10-10-2012, 10:40 PM
i've done my Euro Lux MY13 without any problem.

Hey mate any pics. Any feedback? Did you get the tv tuner?

denot
13-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Did u do it yourself? Where did u get the bracket from?

jayy
28-04-2014, 11:52 PM
anyone know where to get takeda or K&N intake for cu2?