PDA

View Full Version : Bought a 2002 VTi-L - any gremlins to watch out for?

4thGenExi
06-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi guys,

Put a down payment on a 6th Gen 2002 VTi-L with 120k on it. I've searched the forum (been a member here since '04) and there's very little info on this model... ?

The intargooglweb all say the same thing, weak auto tranny but apart from that, nothing too much went wrong with these? I rather sadly (but inevitably) have to part with my GD3 Jazz VTi because it's a manual, wife can't drive it.

Itching to get back into an Accord though, first Honda was a CB7 and I miss it to this very day. Oh, car I'm looking at was owned by retirees and looks well pampered. All services done by Honda, timing belt changed at 100k etc

Cheers
4tthGen

eeeman
13-06-2012, 03:00 AM
hi, yes all you really have to watch out for in the 6th gens are the auto trannies. im pretty sure the main tranny problems are only in the v6 models though. the 4cyl models should be fine.
also keep in mind that 6th gen accord parts are hard to find in aus (esp brand new)
i bought my coils online for the 6th gen over in the us and cost me an extra $250 shipped on top of the price for the coils

Fredoops
14-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Auto tranny and a weak cd stacker, that's about it.

4thGenExi
15-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks - tranny seems fine . Has a soft whine but every Accord I've ever driven (a lot...) also does this.

I'm not going to flog the bollocky out of it, armchair cruiser only. My wife has a heavier foot than I do.....

Very happy with it so far, feels exceptionally tight for 120k on the clock. And from what I've read the 2.3L 4cyl vtec is a rock

4thGenExi
15-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh car is being kept stock , except for a possible stereo upgrade. I put aftermarket coils and wheels on my last accord and was a complete PITA not to mention expensive. Tyre wear was insane....