PDA

View Full Version : Replica Recaros mounting points same as Genuine Recaros?

mcOZ
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Hey guys,
Ive searched the forum and couldnt find anything about mounting points for rails, but i was wondering if replica Recaros have the same mounting point as genuine recaros?

http://i50.tinypic.com/hwia6a.jpg

Sorry for the noob question! :o

curtis265
07-06-2012, 11:14 PM
depends on who made the replica...

dorikin
07-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Can you take off the universal rails and measure the mounting points

mcOZ
08-06-2012, 08:30 PM
depends on who made the replica...

Umm not really sure who made the replicas, bought it off some guy on eBay and he said it was FIA approved

Can you take off the universal rails and measure the mounting points

What do you mean? you mean from the top holes to the bottom holes in the picture? or where the sliders mount onto the seat?
The measurements from the 'top' hole to the 'bottom top' hole is approx 28cm, and the width is about 40cm, dunno if that helps or not

dorikin
08-06-2012, 08:45 PM
nah mate where the rail mounts onto the seat. you're asking if genuine recaro rails will fit, well you need to measure the bolt holes on the actual seat and I'll tell you if its the same

trism
08-06-2012, 09:14 PM
bought it off some guy on eBay and he said it was FIA approved

http://i.imgur.com/xgcBF.gif

mcOZ
08-06-2012, 09:16 PM
oh okay, i just measured it just then and basing this on the picture, the top mounting point is approx. 15.5cm from the edge of the seat and the bottom mounting point is approx. 6.5cm from the bottom of the seat and also it is about 28cm inbetween the two mounting points.
Sorry if the explanation doesnt make much sense :(

mcOZ
08-06-2012, 09:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xgcBF.gif

yeah i know :( but its a brand new blue set for $500 and i couldnt resist hahah

dorikin
08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
28cm from top to bottom hole? On the seat not the slider

mcOZ
08-06-2012, 09:26 PM
28cm from top to bottom hole? On the seat not the slider

Yeah it was about 28-29cm on the seat

dorikin
08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
recaro 23.6 and 26.1

mcOZ
08-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Ah okay, thanks for the help!

MACDOG
11-06-2012, 09:42 AM
This is what people do, they get the feet cut off their existing seats, and they get them welded onto the sliding base of your new seats. You could do it yourself if you owned a welder, or knew someone that did, however it won't be approved. There is a bit of controversy with the seats being ADR approved etc, alot of the seats are.. its just the rails that are not. You could pay $500 to a RTA registered workshop for a compliance plate, but lets face it.. by the time you do that.. it would have been worth buying real ones. If you go to a workshop somewhere, tell them your problem and they should be able to fix it for you, for about $250 - $300. (None certified mod). The po po don't check the rails, so you're fine.

Just realised I strayed a bit from your original question.. haha! (You might be able to gather some info out of what I've said) xD!

wtfalfred
12-06-2012, 08:33 PM
what if I got EK9 recaro on my ek1 with ek9 rail?
will it approve? and pass road worthy ?

mcOZ
12-06-2012, 11:52 PM
This is what people do, they get the feet cut off their existing seats, and they get them welded onto the sliding base of your new seats. You could do it yourself if you owned a welder, or knew someone that did, however it won't be approved. There is a bit of controversy with the seats being ADR approved etc, alot of the seats are.. its just the rails that are not. You could pay $500 to a RTA registered workshop for a compliance plate, but lets face it.. by the time you do that.. it would have been worth buying real ones. If you go to a workshop somewhere, tell them your problem and they should be able to fix it for you, for about $250 - $300. (None certified mod). The po po don't check the rails, so you're fine.

Just realised I strayed a bit from your original question.. haha! (You might be able to gather some info out of what I've said) xD!

Ohh dayum okay, ill ask around, thanks!