PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro Luxury Navi MY13 Key Programming

caudex
09-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Hi,
Just wondering if anybody have the instructions for programming a new key to the Accord Euro Lux MY13?

Also, will an Imported Key work? (As far as i know, if the IC & FCC Id's match then it should... maybe I am mislead) e.g. Acura Keys are ALOT cheaper than Honda Factory here.

BigBen
10-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Yeah this would be handy to know. A replacement key fob is about $400 so don't drop it in water.

caudex
10-06-2012, 08:55 AM
I know the Mazda 2 and 3 are using a Ford Immobilizer and Transponder System, so that could be programmed as long as you have 2 "working" keys. Not sure what the accord has.

I CU2
10-06-2012, 03:06 PM
I use a Acura TSX flip key on my CU2, the FCC's etc. are different to the CL9 so it won't work on them.

You can program the remote yourself but you can't pair the immobilizer.

caudex
10-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Damn, was hoping there was a "learning" function on the Immobilizer, like the Mazda has.
I remember the mazda needed 2 keys, stick 1 in ignition, stick one on the door, then there is a few steps like start and stop, then stick in new key which needs to be programmed, then attempt to start the ignition for it to save the code.

How did you program the immobilizer? Get the Dealership to do it? How much does it cost?

I CU2
10-06-2012, 07:20 PM
How did you program the immobilizer? Get the Dealership to do it? How much does it cost?

I called up different dealerships, they quoted $80-120 just for the programming. I called one up and the service manager picked up the phone and he told me if I got the key cut myself and ready to go, he'd program it and set up the immobilizer for free (as it doesn't take very long)!

I guess it depends on who you get and if they're feeling generous.