PDA

View Full Version : 04 Lux Problems - Steering, Brake, Stereo Backlight

Gibknee
10-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Got a few problems that have popped up on my euro lately hopefully you guys can provide some insight

1. Backlight to my stereo has died, stereo still works but I just can't see anything on the screen.

2. Very stiff turning, seems to be even worse when I turn whilst breaking, so bad that if i'm not careful I sometimes end up in the lane over when I'm turning, the rain also seems to make it feel worse? Sometimes the steering wheel will completely lock out if ive got some moderate speed with quite hard breaking when turning - this never used to happen

3. Not sure if this is linked to the above but I've had to break reasonably hard a few times and twice my breaks have locked up when previously they wouldn't have done so.
My VSA seems to kick in alot in the wet, and while I don't drive like a nanny and im not exactly a hoon either.

I'm a bit scared to drive at the moment because I don't really feel in control of the car

kristrifo
10-06-2012, 05:35 PM
in regards to your steering... did you take it back to honda when they had the recall?

Gibknee
10-06-2012, 05:53 PM
in regards to your steering... did you take it back to honda when they had the recall?

Yep, ages ago.

Fredoops
10-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Got a few problems that have popped up on my euro lately hopefully you guys can provide some insight

1. Backlight to my stereo has died, stereo still works but I just can't see anything on the screen.

2. Very stiff turning, seems to be even worse when I turn whilst breaking, so bad that if i'm not careful I sometimes end up in the lane over when I'm turning, the rain also seems to make it feel worse? Sometimes the steering wheel will completely lock out if ive got some moderate speed with quite hard breaking when turning - this never used to happen

3. Not sure if this is linked to the above but I've had to break reasonably hard a few times and twice my breaks have locked up when previously they wouldn't have done so.
My VSA seems to kick in alot in the wet, and while I don't drive like a nanny and im not exactly a hoon either.

I'm a bit scared to drive at the moment because I don't really feel in control of the car

1. Backlight: New headunit, no repairs possible $300+
2. Possible steering rack problem or PS pump is dying out on you. Either way. $$$$
3. check brake pad/rotor condition, then check fluids
4. VSA in rain.... check your tyres.