PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] Got rear ended

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 01:39 AM
For those of you with weak stomachs . . . look away now. I have only just gotten up enough guts to post these photos of my beautiful MY11 CU2.

Driving to Perth Monday 2 weeks ago and getting into the traffic snarl around the Thomas Road exit on Kwinana Fwy, when some moron drives straight up my clacker, slamming me into the guy in front and then him into the guy in front.

Needless to say all involved were peed off immensely especially when we found out that the guy who hit us wasn't insured and was driving unlicensed!

Here are the photos of my baby after getting towed all the way back to Bunbury. Just got word that she is a write-off and I am dark about it.

Let the comments flow . . . .

cheers
Jonesy

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/JonesBoy666/103-Hondacopy.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/JonesBoy666/102-Hondacopy.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/JonesBoy666/101-Hondacopy.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/JonesBoy666/104-Honda.jpg

MingZai
11-06-2012, 02:03 AM
Wow bad luck... umm nice wheels? :D well at least now you can look forward to a MY12 CU2?

MR_LATE
11-06-2012, 02:55 AM
Fuuuuuu, when this shit happens, and its a write off, are you allowed to take anything???

MingZai
11-06-2012, 03:35 AM
depends on insurer and your policies and your car.

Seeing as the CU2 is still in production it is possible they give you a new car or just your agreed value / market value.

All my cars are under agreed value.

IEVAQ8
11-06-2012, 09:38 AM
honda has a awsome policy that if its writen off in the first 12months, they will replace the car with another brand new one....

BigBen
11-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Don't worry the car did its job and you walked out of it without a scratch. Woohoo time for a new car!!

MR_LATE
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
honda has a awsome policy that if its writen off in the first 12months, they will replace the car with another brand new one....

Not sure if trolling

androo
11-06-2012, 11:28 AM
He's not trolling. But it's the insurance you pay for I believe. It's not standard.

connorling
11-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Perth drivers are the problem hey.

T.T to the car.

i am so scare to even park on the street these days in perth.

connorling
11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Not sure if trolling

my bike insurance says that if i total my bike, they will replace a new one, and if there isnt any 2011 brand new, they will replace the current model.
but i bought my bike brand new and this policy only for the first 2 years.

curtis265
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM
unlucky moite! Might have heard about you on the radio that day

did the police get that uninsured guy?

ummm... really?

the dealer or the insurance?

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Not sure if they got him. Get this we were there over an hour when I eventually took off on a tow truck and not a copper in sight. 4 tow truck drivers though . . . . . !

curtis265
11-06-2012, 02:42 PM
sounds evil

go gethim

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Fuuuuuu, when this shit happens, and its a write off, are you allowed to take anything???

not sure but I have a cunning plan . . . .

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
sounds evil

go gethim

bloke gave a false mobile number and tried to falsify his expired license number (until I demanded to see it and got the correct details).

stupid thing is I found him on FaceBack and passed his details onto the insurer who then passed that onto the debt collector. Ever seen the Repo Guys?? I hope they roast him.

curtis265
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
shieeeeeeet nice going

people in this world ay...

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Perth drivers are the problem hey.

could not agree more - esp on the freeway!

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 03:37 PM
... umm nice wheels?

you pulling the piss? I am fond of the multispoke wheels (arranged in pairs) and they look hotter in the flesh. With the offset vs. OEM gives me an inch wider track and fills out the arches nicely. It feels like it round corners as well.

cheers

MR_LATE
11-06-2012, 04:19 PM
That's what i mean, you allowed to take you're afm wheels, leds ,floor mats

MingZai
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
you pulling the piss? I am fond of the multispoke wheels (arranged in pairs) and they look hotter in the flesh. With the offset vs. OEM gives me an inch wider track and fills out the arches nicely. It feels like it round corners as well.

cheers

No haha I was trying to distract us from the sad event lmao... I genuinly mean it looks nice but I don't know what they are. Can't see the emblem on the wheels... are they ROTAS?

connorling
11-06-2012, 04:24 PM
bloke gave a false mobile number and tried to falsify his expired license number (until I demanded to see it and got the correct details).

stupid thing is I found him on FaceBack and passed his details onto the insurer who then passed that onto the debt collector. Ever seen the Repo Guys?? I hope they roast him.

good old FB, once there is this cockhead talking sh!t on one of the forum, and i asked the mod to give me the register email, and i searched on FB and find out who he was, he was using his wife's email to registe and talk shit and his wife has a picture of him on FB.

was going to do something to this cuxt, but i just let it go lol.

curtis265
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
good old FB, once there is this cockhead talking sh!t on one of the forum, and i asked the mod to give me the register email, and i searched on FB and find out who he was, he was using his wife's email to registe and talk shit and his wife has a picture of him on FB.

was going to do something to this cuxt, but i just let it go lol.

lolololololool naice

aaronng
11-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Changed the thread title so that it is more informative.

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 05:03 PM
No haha I was trying to distract us from the sad event lmao... I genuinly mean it looks nice but I don't know what they are. Can't see the emblem on the wheels... are they ROTAS?

Okay MingZai gotch then - thanks for the kind gesture. they are from a WA mob called GMAX and the wheel is a Monza Hyper Black. They were exactly what I was chasing and about $440 a corner.

cheers

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 05:07 PM
That's what i mean, you allowed to take you're afm wheels, leds ,floor mats

got some replacement rims and tyres to swap out my Monzas, grabbed mats and everything else is a bust. Boot lip spoiler creased, sports grille cracked. :mad:

I will likely go for a modulo front bumper / sports grille to sharpen up the front end - not a big fan of the face lifted front end on the MY12-13.

cheers

3K9
11-06-2012, 05:30 PM
I wonder how much that guy needs to pay off?!

Around what speeds did this incident happen at? 100?

Would be nice to see the damages to the frame; the subframe and the boot area. Just curious, isn't it possible to get it repaired? front - New subframes, grille, bonnet, bumper, back - bumper, boot...?

Poor CU2! :(

curtis265
11-06-2012, 05:31 PM
mate i would want a new one after that damage.

it's nto exactly 'unique' like an older car

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 05:38 PM
I wonder how much that guy needs to pay off?!

Around what speeds did this incident happen at? 100?

Would be nice to see the damages to the frame; the subframe and the boot area. Just curious, isn't it possible to get it repaired? front - New subframes, grille, bonnet, bumper, back - bumper, boot...?

Poor CU2! :(

I estimated I got hit at 30-40 kph - I was stationary having just come to a stop. The quote was for around $28-29k, however the assessor was not completely happy that the economics justified the work. Sad, but in a way happy that I get a clean straight CU2 from the factory again. Trouble is 6 spd Luxos in white are not that common . . .

sensei_
11-06-2012, 05:45 PM
would it be possible to buy the car back cheaply, and wreck it?

or is it not worth it?

3K9
11-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I estimated I got hit at 30-40 kph - I was stationary having just come to a stop. The quote was for around $28-29k, however the assessor was not completely happy that the economics justified the work. Sad, but in a way happy that I get a clean straight CU2 from the factory again. Trouble is 6 spd Luxos in white are not that common . . .

Wow, I thought the CU2s were nice and sturdy, by the close look of it (Since they're so much wider and bulkier than the previous gen Euro!) (Serviced a few)
Would take A-LOT of yanking and hammering of the frames to repair for the panel beaters, if it was being repaired!

kristrifo
11-06-2012, 05:56 PM
surprised its a write off, the damage looks repairable

how much was the car insured for? airbags go off?

curtis265
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
generally they replace new for old with ultra new cars

and that damage looks quite significant

i'd rather have a straight one out of the factory TBH

I CU2
11-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Wow, I thought the CU2s were nice and sturdy

Crumple Zones - they work.

ChaosMaster
11-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, getting a new one is def the better option. Although if you could buy it back for cheap on top of that, it wouldn't hurt either. I mean especially if you were going to give it an aftermarket bumpers, lights and grill.

aldo10
11-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Sorry to hear that Jones. I'll stop whinging about my fried altenator after seeing that. As for the douche bag that could have killed someone, we have to share this place with em unfortunately ....

IEVAQ8
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Not sure if trolling
def not trolling, first time i heard bout this was last year when i purchased my wife a brand new civic sport...

ummm... really?

the dealer or the insurance?

yeh man, as above, the dealer explained this to me....

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear that Jones. I'll stop whinging about my fried altenator after seeing that. As for the douche bag that could have killed someone, we have to share this place with em unfortunately ....

Ta mate. I'm sure he was on his phone or something. I saw him barreling up behind me and I just thought "crap I am in for it here . . . ."

The biggest hassle is being without a vehicle and the length of time it takes for quotes, assessors, replacement vehicles, etc, etc, etc

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah, getting a new one is def the better option. Although if you could buy it back for cheap on top of that, it wouldn't hurt either. I mean especially if you were going to give it an aftermarket bumpers, lights and grill.

unfortunately it is a lease vehicle, so SOP is lease company buys out lease, takes ownership of wreck (disposing of it in the meantime) and I have to organise a new lease (which I am in the process of doing now).

cheers

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Crumple Zones - they work.

Oh yeah. Air bag didn't even go off (guy who hit me did though). The radiator was a mess and was pushed back onto the manifold. Not sure whether there was damage to the engine mounts. The rear doors were out of alignment, front doors were okay though.

cheers

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 09:55 PM
would it be possible to buy the car back cheaply, and wreck it?

or is it not worth it?

nah see my other post about the lease company owning the wreck after buying out the lease. cheers

Jones Boy
11-06-2012, 09:57 PM
. . . i'd rather have a straight one out of the factory TBH

I heard that! The single largest upside of this whole mess!!

cheers
Jonesy

MR_LATE
11-06-2012, 10:41 PM
got some replacement rims and tyres to swap out my Monzas, grabbed mats and everything else is a bust. Boot lip spoiler creased, sports grille cracked. :mad:

I will likely go for a modulo front bumper / sports grille to sharpen up the front end - not a big fan of the face lifted front end on the MY12-13.

cheers someone that doesn't like the face lift yay :)

antony
12-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Oh well,I am pleased you will be getting another brand new Euro,better luck this time around...

Jones Boy
13-06-2012, 12:54 AM
thanks mate

tron07
13-06-2012, 10:44 PM
when I bought my euro, it comes with free honda insurance under GIO and for the first 3 years if you are still with them, they will replace you with a brand new vehicle if you write it off. After the 3rd year, I change to another party as they are cheaper and since they dont give replacement if you write it off.