PDA

View Full Version : Alarm & Central Locking Problem

elim
07-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, how you all doing today? I have an issue with my alarm where I press the button to arm, it arms and locks the door but when I press the button to disarm, the alarm arms but the doors do not unlock.

I've never had this problem before until recently.

Anybody know what factors could contribute to this problem ?

Do you think a weak car battery could be a factor ?

Thanks in advance guys.

VTC-8OY
08-03-2005, 03:34 AM
no i doubt that its ur car batt.. probly ur wire connections, bring it bak to whoever installed ur alarm n have it checked..

flipmods
08-03-2005, 09:25 AM
It is most probably the motor in your drivers door. Open up your door panel to find the motor. If you hear no noise in the motor when disarming then the motor is broken but if you see the motor move but doesn't actuate your door lock mechanism then it means the clamp where the motor ataches to your lock rod may have moved and needs to be repositioned and then retightend.
Good luck.

dorikin
08-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Yes, most likely the central locking actuator is out of position if it locks but doesn't unlock.

elim
08-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Hi guys, thanks alot for your inputs, perhaps you're on the right track. I've noticed that if I moved the lock out abit, press the disarm button, doors will unlock.

I will check it out this weekend and hopefully it will solve the problem rather than paying $66 bucks to have it checked out.