PDA

View Full Version : no sound from the head unit

MRJDM
07-03-2005, 07:21 PM
hey guys i installed a deck in a corolla and i have no signal comn out of the speaker leads from the deck. the deck turns on fine. and i had a cd playing.

i also hook up an external speaker to the deck but the was no sound comin out of the deck, any help will be appreciated

ek004
07-03-2005, 09:41 PM
check that the speaker wires are not shorting out with the cradle or any metal parts
this may cause all speakers to not work. <- most likely

if this is ok try connecting it to a speaker externally directly to the harness, (if you have done this sorry i misinterpreted)

if that fails the head unit is a DOA or something has shorted and the head unit outputs are now busted

preludacris
19-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah i had a similar problem, where it would play then cut out at the speakers but the head unit was fine. Gary's told me that one of the speakers was prolly grounding, and i checked it out, low and behold the rear right speaker was like touching the metal part of my car and grounding all 4 speakers and cutting the sound out. All fixed now..

if its not as simple as mine you gotta check thru all your wires make sure they got no splits and touching ur chassis metal etc.

hope this helps a bit

Chi
19-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Turn the volume up DArren.

Usual Suspect
19-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Turn the volume up DArren.

Chi - Master of the universe and knower of all hahah