PDA

View Full Version : Uneven brake wear...

Marc_EE9
13-06-2012, 03:42 AM
I have just put some MG ZR 160 rear calipers, discs and pads on my Civic EE9, but the centre of the disc is not getting contact with the pad, this is the same both sides of the discs, and both discs on the back. The system is fully bled as the manual instructs, pads and discs and brand new, and the pistons in the calipers are not sticky.

Any thoughts?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-iEILXFAZPSc/T9dk68GQHrI/AAAAAAAAOKs/ARwsP92s_I4/s800/IMG_8725.JPG

infurNOS
13-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Replace the calipers. The problem is in order to put the new pads in the car you had to compress the piston for the rear caliper.

and both discs on the back.

The handbrake mechanism inside the caliper is very easly damaged when doing this. Also did you take out all the slide pins and clean and lube them with a good synthetic caliper lube? if you used brake clean on any of the rubber guides they WILL SWELL and cause the slide pins to bind and cause the uneaven wear you are having.

Marc_EE9
13-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Replace the calipers. The problem is in order to put the new pads in the car you had to compress the piston for the rear caliper.

sorry i dont understand

The handbrake mechanism inside the caliper is very easly damaged when doing this. Also did you take out all the slide pins and clean and lube them with a good synthetic caliper lube? if you used brake clean on any of the rubber guides they WILL SWELL and cause the slide pins to bind and cause the uneaven wear you are having.

i didnt no, as they were fine and had been used previously with no problem. im not sure where to get any lube from... i have some different ones in the garage, copper and lithium

Marc_EE9
14-06-2012, 12:34 AM
today i took them off, checked the slider pins, checked the seals, checked the pistons - everything is fine.
it seems to be the pads do not sit in the calipers/carriers correct, they have some play (in-out)

im starting to think its poor quality pads