PDA

View Full Version : just bought a vtir ek coupe want to k swap??

Beechy
13-06-2012, 08:24 PM
heyy. just bought myself a vtir ek coupe and was wondering what i need to put a k20a in it? i already have a crx with a k20a/6speed box in it and was wondering what i can use from the delsol on my coupe? ect wheel, drive shafts? is the wiring plug and play (delsol has a kpro) um exhaust stuff like that any info would help thanks

Benson
13-06-2012, 09:12 PM
You can basically use everything from the old car and put it in the EM1. You'll need new EK K-swap engine mounts and a EK K-swap conversion harness. Shoot me a PM if you need those parts

Beechy
13-06-2012, 09:16 PM
cant i just use the delsol harness due to also beeing a b16 engine? so all parts should fit exhaust,drive shafts coilovers ect?

stndrd
14-06-2012, 05:31 PM
You will find that the rear coilovers will not fit your ek as the mounting bush is approx 15mm wider on the del sol as opposed to the ek. Everything else will be reusable except for the parts mentioned by Benny above

dc2r_fAn
16-06-2012, 01:42 PM
imo i think you should be able to use the existing parts from the del sol BUT i dont think you can use the wiring loom as its completely different to the em1.