PDA

View Full Version : Do they ever remove panels in paintless dent removal

Rudy
14-06-2012, 04:28 AM
I had an insurance fix a while ago for extensive hail damage and my mechanic just pointed out to me that on one side, the rear door sits slightly higher than the front. Its noticeable only because there is a natural groove running through both doors, which doesn't line up now. Its not like that on the other side and definitely not from factory.

The only body work or insurance job i've ever had done was this hail fix. But before I think about taking it back, I just want to be sure that it can be standard practice in paintless dent removal to take off panels, especially doors ? If I ask them I might get a biased answer of course. It seemed also, when I went to drop off the car and pick it up, some techs were working on the cars themselves and some seated next to the car with a panel on a table under fluorescence. Can't remember if those panels were doors though.

thanks for any help!

zafeniak
14-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I've had dents removed from my car doors, and the dent remover did NOT have to remove the door.

I am not sure why he'd be removing the door, there is plenty of access.

Each to their own but..

androo
14-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Did you buy the car new or used? If used, that's probably your problem. You can take off the door trim to see if you can find any noticable repairs (i.e. dent that has been bogged will appear straight on the outside, but will still be dented or creased on the inside).

If you bought it new, then I don't really have an explanation other than the paintless dent removalists removing it. I can't see why a paintless dent removalist would need to remove your door unless there was an issue with a dent right between where the 2 doors line up...

fillit
14-06-2012, 09:27 PM
check the door bolts, if the paint has been chipped off it (which will be obvious the moment they remove it) then you have your answer.