PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] To sell or to keep

audiboi
14-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi Guys,

Just trying to gather some general opinons here. I'm currently in Perth, and own an '06 Luxury Euro (Manual) with 83,000kms on the clock. I do love the car a lot, but I'm about to make the move to Sydney by the end of the month.

It does add up a fair bit to ship a car across + rego transfer etc etc, so I'm in two minds on if I should sell it off here, or ship it across to Sydney. At what point (year / kms) does it become more viable to sell than to keep? Given that it's a CL9, I know it can't compete for price against the splew of CU2's hitting the market. Am I being reasonable if I want to sell it for $16.5k?

Cheers!

Fredoops
14-06-2012, 06:19 PM
It's a decent price.. But can you get another one for the same price?

audiboi
14-06-2012, 06:22 PM
One of my main factors for selling it off, is that I'm not sure if I can get a place in Sydney with a car spot or not. I might not pick up a CL9 again, maybe a CU2...

ChaosMaster
14-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Why not drive to Sydney? Make it a road trip? Otherwise, if your keen on changing over to a CU2 then selling it really is your only option. not sure how not having a car spot = getting a CU2 over CL9.

audiboi
14-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Somehow making a 4000km journey across Australia doesn't quite excite me :P.

As for the CU2, what I meant was if I do end up getting a place with a car spot, then a CU2 might be on the cards. I guess I'll just put it up for sale, and hope someone picks it up in the next two weeks!

muzukashi
14-06-2012, 07:01 PM
16.5k sounds reasonable for 83,000kms shouldn't be a problem selling it
I guess it depends how much you love the car, me personally CL9 > CU2 so i would probably take on the challenge of WA --> Syd and keep the CL9 :)

MingZai
14-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Did you buy this car brand new day 1? If you did I would certainly keep the car.

Good thing about owning car from new you know its condition and everything.
Yes it's a Euro but it doesn't mean it can't be flogged ect.
If you buy a second hand car and it may has low KM's say 70k but the owner likes to go FK YEAH VTEC everyday and from every red light... I wouldn't touch that car.

Mike Star
14-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Somehow making a 4000km journey across Australia doesn't quite excite me :P.

As for the CU2, what I meant was if I do end up getting a place with a car spot, then a CU2 might be on the cards. I guess I'll just put it up for sale, and hope someone picks it up in the next two weeks!

For mine I'd do the road trip. Lot more to look at on the way than you might think. Still one of those Aussie drives that not too many people get to do. As for CL9 vs CU2 IMO it's a no contest. CU2 = more bulk for bugger all else. I also have a MY06 CL9 Euro Lux Sat Nav and after 6 years still love it. I'm about to do a few small upgrades just to keep it fresh. Bluetooth Unit for phone and to stream music, Eibach Springs and adjustable rear control arms, rebadging it with the red set and maybe a couple of other things. Keep the CL9 :)

ChaosMaster
14-06-2012, 09:05 PM
I've done more than 4000km journeying across Australia (went from SE Vic to Gold Coast once, detour around Sydney, blue mountains etc). Depends on how much of a rush you are in. Can actually be pretty relaxing. Motels are around the $70 mark for twin share so it's not that bad. Then again, I understand how it's not to everyone's taste, as the first 2000km maybe mainly desert.

tron07
15-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Like mention earlier, did you buy the car new? if yes, then chances of keeping it would be higher. If no then probability of selling it would be higher.

white_ep3_civic
15-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I say keep it. If you can't keep it in Sydney then sell it.

threesix
16-06-2012, 09:20 AM
buy a car bra and drive!! drive like the wind!! lol

zafeniak
16-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I say sell it in WA. Supply of CL9s in Sydney is massive, you can even pick the luxury models for ~$13,000 if you look in the right places and find the right seller.

With that being said, you always run the risk of buying a thrashed car...Or worse.. A lemon.

Also don't forget to factor in things like stamp duty, rego, road worthy etc if you are planning on selling and buying another car.

audiboi
18-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. Due to lack to time on my hands, I've put the car up for sale here. Hopefully I can sell it in the 2 weeks I have left in Perth.. if not.. well.. I'll weigh out my options then.

curtis265
18-06-2012, 01:52 PM
my uncle always says you're not Australian until you've driven across the nullabor

audiboi
18-06-2012, 01:57 PM
my uncle always says you're not Australian until you've driven across the nullabor

Well given that I wasn't born in Australia, I'm safe! *phew*

MingZai
18-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I would really advise you to keep the car but then it's your choice lol.

audiboi
18-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I would really advise you to keep the car but then it's your choice lol.

Any specific reasons why? That's pretty much why I opened this thread... to gather opinions. :)

MingZai
18-06-2012, 04:11 PM
What I've said in the previous page, did you have the car since new?

If yes keep it if no sell it :)

audiboi
18-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Nah didn't buy it new. Got it when there was 69,000kms on the clock.