PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Briscoe Crashed?

LUD02C
08-03-2005, 08:08 AM
From what I've been told he has crashed in his first round of the Indy championship.
Hope he is ok.

Anyone who doesn't know, Ryan is an aussie who used to test with Toyota F1, still does on minor occasions and went to Indy to race this year.

I'll try and find a story about it.

McChook
09-03-2005, 12:10 AM
ah ****. I'm gonna have to go look for an article, but that's terrible

I've met Ryan, he's a top kid

Q_ball
09-03-2005, 12:19 AM
yeh i think saw the footage on the news last nite...looked as if it was a pretty bad accident

LUD02C
09-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Briscoes crashes out of opener
March 7, 2005

AUSTRALIAN driver Ryan Briscoe has made an inauspicious start to the 2005 Indy Racing League when he crashed out of the season opener today.

Briscoe, who spent 2004 as a test driver for Toyota's Formula One team, was able to walk away after hitting the barrier at turn 4 on the Homestead-Miami Speedway Oval but his Target/Chip Ganassi racer needed rebuilding.

It was the second incident of the Toyota Indy 300 weekend for Briscoe, who also contacted the wall in practice on Saturday and said before the race that "there's more to driving these ovals than just turning left".

The rookie lasted 61 of the scheduled 200 laps but was far from alone in crashing out.

Only 10 of the 22 starters were running at the end of the race won by Briton Dan Wheldon, the runner-up last season to Andretti Green Racing team-mate Tony Kanaan in the IRL championship.

The race featured a frightening late eight-car pile up.

The big wreck began moments after a restart when Kosuke Matsuura, trying to pass pole winner Tomas Scheckter on the outside, slid sideways and hit Scheckter.

Before all the crashing and banging ended, the accident also took out Briscoe's Kiwi teammate Scott Dixon, Scott Sharp, Bryan Herta, Roger Yasukawa, Ed Carpenter and 22-year-old rookie Danica Patrick, making her first IRL start.

Patrick, the only woman in the field, was running 10th when the accident occured. She was sent a nearby hospital for observation after being diagnosed with a concussion and later released and is expected to be ready to race in the next IRL event in two weeks at Phoenix International Raceway.

AAP

bigteethygrin
09-03-2005, 11:27 AM
F1 really doesnt prepare ya for oval track racing huh