PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Exhaust on EK4

eeko
19-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi guy's looking to change my hurricane headers / catback (cannon) on my EK4.. ive already gotten some 5zigen headers. Atm im looking to maybe purchase a DC2R twinloop catback from the parts for sale forums, but am not sure how much modification is needed to get it on my ek4.

Ive searched google and couldnt find a definitive answer, so if anyone has some experience in this it would be greatly appreciated.

Also lets say my 5zigen headers collector is 2" and the catback is 2.5" is there any negatives to having a midpipe thats bigger than the collector itself?

Thanks.

dougie_504
19-06-2012, 05:21 PM
As long as the exhaust gets progressively larger (not smaller) you'll be fine. Get a good high-flow cat, probably 2.5" to match the cat-back would be a good idea.

I believe to fit the EK4 the exhaust just needs to be shortened before the muffler, but I may be wrong.

impossi13le
20-06-2012, 11:55 PM
As long as the exhaust gets progressively larger (not smaller) you'll be fine. Get a good high-flow cat, probably 2.5" to match the cat-back would be a good idea.

I believe to fit the EK4 the exhaust just needs to be shortened before the muffler, but I may be wrong.

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dougie_504 again.'

You're very right there.

OP, I'm running an apexi GT spec catback system on my ek (came off a dc2r), and we had to shorten a section of the pipe before the muffler, right behind the fuel tank. Any reputable exhaust shop will be able to do a good cut and weld job for around 100 bucks :)

dougie_504
21-06-2012, 10:07 AM
'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dougie_504 again.'

You're very right there.

OP, I'm running an apexi GT spec catback system on my ek (came off a dc2r), and we had to shorten a section of the pipe before the muffler, right behind the fuel tank. Any reputable exhaust shop will be able to do a good cut and weld job for around 100 bucks :)

Thanks for confirming :)

eeko
21-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Cheer's guys. I ended up buying a twinloop axle back that was made for a dc2r so i'll definitely have to have it shortened.

Another person had a look at the current system i have and said i may still be running a stock cat... I'll be trying to put the headers in with help from a few more experienced mates over the weekend and hope the 5zigen's will bolt on to my existing catback.

Will let you guys know how i go.