PDA

View Full Version : Help - Remove the front no. plate holder 5th Gen

NeRV
08-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Hey guys i want to remove my front number plate holder.. i did a search and found nothing.. has anyone done this?? do i need to take off the front bumper?? and re-drill new holes for the number plate?? i just wanna ask these questions before i go and do it.. its for a 96 Honda Accord..

thanks

ekslut
08-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I have done it. Wasn't too hard. Can't remember if I used original holes to mount the plate or not. Ill have a look a bit later. Dont need to take off the front bumper.

NeRV
08-03-2005, 11:20 AM
ahh ok any info or pics would help heaps.. im also contemplating on dropping in a K&N panel filter and i want to remove the resonator while im at it.. but the airbox is covering the resonator.. ive done a search aswell but none really show's or tells you how to go about in doing this to a 5th Gen.. any info for both would be much apreciated :)

oh im a newbie to the car scene only been driving for around 7 months and now im trying and willing to do new things to the car.. but just dont know how to go abouts in doing it.. :o and dont wanna damage my car while experimenting :rolleyes:

ekslut
08-03-2005, 12:16 PM
I checked my car, and yeah, I just used the original holes to remount my number plate. Pretty sure taken the holder off was just a matter of a couple of screws too.

I just dropped in a K&N filter a few months ago. Made a big difference, especially in the top end. I replaced my spark plugs and leads at the same time with NGK Iridium's. Made a big difference in responce, felt a lot better.

I don't think its worth removing the resonator. I did on mine, but I wouldn't bother doing it again. To get to it out (If I can remember correctly, I did it years ago), just remove the airbox out of the way, should be just a couple of bolts, then there will be some more bolts holding the resonator in, just remove them and it should come out.

NeRV
08-03-2005, 04:45 PM
ahh ok thanks dude... PM' sent

ECU-MAN
08-03-2005, 09:00 PM
theres two bolts behind the rego plate and two bolts inside the bar, you can get to them by reaching in the bar from the front