PDA

View Full Version : CU2 Luxury Navi Leather

sd15
20-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi Guys

Last month I upgraded my CL9 to a CU2 Lux Navi and there is a distinct smell that im not sure how to get rid off from the leather seats? Anyone got any ideas will a detail clean this is do I have to have someone who specializes in leather detailing??

Thanks

Steve.

akjdfnn
21-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi Guys

Last month I upgraded my CL9 to a CU2 Lux Navi and there is a distinct smell that im not sure how to get rid off from the leather seats? Anyone got any ideas will a detail clean this is do I have to have someone who specializes in leather detailing??

Thanks

Steve.

The smell people associate with new leather is given to it during the tanning process...it's VERY hard to get rid of, some leather carries that smell for 10 years or more...there are also leather sprays that dealerships use to scent the interior in this smell (reminds people they're buying a leather interior). That spray doesn't last long, especially if your regularly cleaning/conditioning your seats, and the natural scent of the leather will fade slightly overtime, getting worse in summer and better in winter.

Your better off buying a scented leather cleaner/conditioner such as Autoglym leather cleaner, and give them a good going over. It masks most scents (good and bad) and replaces them with a really nice understated fragrance. It's quite expensive but a very good product, and lasts for a long time, just make sure you follow the directions on the bottle to get best results.